inTank Media Baskets

Jebao WP10. Are they any good?

DriftingNemo

They are all made by the company that made the RLSS Gen 1 waveline pumps.

Same molds.

At $137.

Who cares?

I know thats why I said it...... IMO its a good thing they aren't made by Jebao. I run several of them because they are considerably cheaper then the other versions, but the exact same internals made in the same plant.

Its held up longer than I thought. Outlasted a MJ1200 in the same tank. Much much much quieter than the MP10 Vortech in my other tank, which sounds like an airplane taking off most the time. Much.

You may want to learn how to align it, although the damage is probably already done if you've let it run out of alignment long term.

I would buy a Jebao pump OVER the MP10 any day now.

I have 2 RW-15s, they move alot of water but are louder then a properly aligned mp40.

Probably the Jebao DC pumps in the sumps and skimmers, need to test those.

All of mine are pretty much silent, slight whine but not as bad as my rw-15s that are newer.

Someone who sells Wavelines, I think working for Aquarium Specialty, say that they have had to replace a hundred, or a hundred people who had the knockoffs replaced with Waveline 2s.

I dont care to look it up, something at RC.

One could buy 2 Jebaos for the Waveline price, keep one as spares.

One could buy a DC12000, put a needle wheel in it, put in a 5 gallon upside down bucket, with a tube and catch cup though the bottom (out the top). And have a spares pump there, and a $1000 skimmer for $200.

Sad that a $235 water pump is so delicate.

One would assume better quality were built into them.

Mines is going to be a frag tank pump, anyway. It moves water, but its staying in the garage.

Someone who sells Wavelines, I think working for Aquarium Specialty, say that they have had to replace a hundred, or a hundred people who had the knockoffs replaced with Waveline 2s.

I dont care to look it up, something at RC.

One could buy 2 Jebaos for the Waveline price, keep one as spares.

One could buy a DC12000, put a needle wheel in it, put in a 5 gallon upside down bucket, with a tube and catch cup though the bottom (out the top). And have a spares pump there, and a $1000 skimmer for $200.

Whats your point I am confused, seems your trying to argue something with me but I really don't understand what or why.... wavelines and jebao DC pumps are the same exact thing internally (and electronically) just a different plastic.

Sad that a $235 water pump is so delicate.

One would assume better quality were built into them.

Mines is going to be a frag tank pump, anyway. It moves water, but its staying in the garage.

Its the same exact quality as the Jebaos for $115.... they are the same exact pump just different plastic... not sure how many times that needs to be said?

Congrats? :)

Im not arguing with you. I'm an asshole, why should you care if I were? And if you do, read my avatar over to the left, whatsthatsay?

I'm using your posts as segues to make my own points. And I have been given to repeating myself, repeating myself, to make those points. Even when sober.

The $235 water pump I was referring is my noisy RC AirplaneVortech MP10.

Thats pronounced SEG WAY up there, like the nerd scooter

• 3 months later...
famousdan314

I realize this post is a few months old, does anyone know if the new rw4 can control a wp10. I own a wp10 already and would like to get a rw4 to add more random flow.

I'm running 2 RW-4's on a 3X2X2 (75 UK gallons).

I'm UK based, £38.99 each off of amazon, bargain. I have just put them next to each other at the top of my tank to run them in a gyre type set up. This is working great in my tank.

Everyone saying their Jebao kit is dying around month 8 or 9, why the hell aren't you getting replacements on warranty? They have 12 months unless they're dodgy knock offs your buying.

famousdan314, No you can't wirelessly link to the older WP's, but you can run the RW's on the older dual controllers. So if you got a dual controller and hooked an RW and a WP up to it that should work. I haven't sync'd my RW's, I have one running W2 (constant running pulse mode) and the other on ELSE (wave crest/random pulse mode). With these settings put next to each other as well as getting the whole water column moving like the gyre pumps I get a completely random pulsing action in the gyre, not just a constant steady push.

For less than £80 I have what appears to be a better gyre affect than the rip tide which starts at £215!

That's my feelings anyway.

DriftingNemo

Due to a change of circumstances, I'm downgrading to a 14 gallon tank so therefore I'll end up getting a small Korallia. My new tank will be a 24"x12"x12" AIO setup with approximately 260gph going through the filtration system. Who knows, I might not even need a powerhead because 260gph is nearly 20x turnover.

• 4 weeks later...
ProtectDa2nd

I'm running a wp10 and a ac110 in my 10g and everything in my tank loves it. I do change from w1 to else sometimes. Else seems to keep diatoms off my rocks better. Keep on s3 that's the lowest speed. Works great.

Archived