Top Shelf Aquatics

Ac-300 for 5g minibow

doody

I'm planning on useing the Ac-300 with a surface skimmer in my 5g minibow. I'm not sure how to get the flow right, or the mods I need to do. I see alot of posts on these, but none that are being used on the 5g minibow. Can someone help me? How do I make baffles? What size impeller? Will I still need a powerhead? If so what size? I'm sure I'll have more questions ;)

Oh yeah, I plan on haveing the surface skimmer set so that no water enters bottom. I just want it to skim the surface.

Thanks for any help!

Same mods should still apply for the 10 and 7 gallon. Same way to make baffel, same impellers others have used for the other models. Why not test it out you may not need to change the impeller.

For the surface skimmer just screw the bottom all the way in.

You will need a power head, 404 or micro

Wont certain impellers push more water than others? If that is the case, then I don't want to get an impeller that will push so much water that combined with the powerhead will be over kill. I don't want my sand all over the place either.

Im running a 150 impeller in mine and the flow is fine I can get it to run at a pretty good gph, or lower it to almost nothing.

Tam

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a 5 gallon mini bow.

How do you use a powerhead for surface skimming? Do you mean, just point it at the surface for surface disruption to eliminate the need for a surface skimmer?

thanks,

Lakedawgs

Archived