inTank Media Baskets

Matted Filefish...here we go

BlueThumb

Final Update on this:

Not an aiptasia to be found anywhere but inside my overflow where the filefish and peps can't go. I got rid of all my GSP by removing all the rocks they were colonizing on. My local LFS made me a one for one trade on my live rock, so I got fresh pieces for my colonized pieces. I did have a few straggler here and there that I nuked with kalk-paste...and after a few days...100% eradicated.

This all went down a couple weeks ago and I can tell you my coral are thriving. Another change I made was using GFO to deal with my phosphates that I know were getting out of hand. My corals are now growing as fast as what I've seen at a couple of frag farmers in my area. I can't believe what a difference knocking down phosphates make on growth. I always thought it was over-stated...until now.

Final Update on this:

Not an aiptasia to be found anywhere but inside my overflow where the filefish and peps can't go. I got rid of all my GSP by removing all the rocks they were colonizing on. My local LFS made me a one for one trade on my live rock, so I got fresh pieces for my colonized pieces. I did have a few straggler here and there that I nuked with kalk-paste...and after a few days...100% eradicated.

This all went down a couple weeks ago and I can tell you my coral are thriving. Another change I made was using GFO to deal with my phosphates that I know were getting out of hand. My corals are now growing as fast as what I've seen at a couple of frag farmers in my area. I can't believe what a difference knocking down phosphates make on growth. I always thought it was over-stated...until now.

Put a peppermint in the overflow :D

Archived