Coral Vue Hydros

63 gallon budget reef

DriftingNemo

About 3 months ago I decided to tear down my 14 gallon reef tank because the size of the tank was just too limited for my needs. Since then I got my hands on a 80cm x 60cm x 50cm Aqua one tank that holds roughly 63 gallons when fully but I'll be filling it up to the rim which is around 55 gallons. The tank is 2ft tall and I only have 2x T5 bulbs 24w and a power compact 24w bulb. I will be adding another twin T5 ballast to give me a total of 140 watts which would be around 2.5wpg that will hopefully enable me to keep some soft corals. For filtration I'll be going for an eheim pro 2 2028 because I don't have the money and space for a sump. A 3200 korallia power head should give the tank some decent flow including the small fluval power head I have at the moment. The tank will be a FOWLR system until I sort my lights out. I'm planning on stocking low whilst I don't have a skimmer, so maybe 2 ocellaris clowns, a cleaner shrimp and other cleanup crew. When I decide to add more fish I will look in to getting a Fluval SEA ps1 skimmer. I'll order some Caribsea live sand and I'll start the tank with dry rock. I'll start posting photos once I start building the new setup.

I'll be using iQuatics Reef salt which is significantly cheaper than the other brands. I've also read great reviews about the product and can't wait to try it out since I've always used Red Sea salt.

Archived