Top Shelf Aquatics

12 GALLON - the aftermath.

Finding Paulo

Finding Paulo

I just realized you have your LEDs set at 50-60%. I think you should tone the brightness down a bit... maybe around to 25%?

And maybe your SPS pieces have polyp extensions when the lights are off.

theyre polyps are out during the day.. should i still lower intensity?

theyre polyps are out during the day.. should i still lower intensity?

That'd be a good idea. It's pretty easy to light shock corals, especially since our eyes can underestimate the intensity of LEDs

Tank looks good.

Regarding your light question I would rely on what your corals seem to tell you. If the polyps are out and they have good color you should be fine in theory, but if you see any damage or bleaching back off the intensity.

Flow wise I agree with your other replies, I'm sure one MP10 is plenty for that tank.

Make sure you continue testing calcium and alk. Eventually you might need to start dosing. I just picked up some additives to start on my tank.

I have one more thing to add, you should not ever boil rock. Because the rock has the potential to explode, and because of toxins like palytoxin that can be released in the steam.

Otherwise, your tank looks great. I love your rockscape and the coral selections. Keep it coming. :)

Finding Paulo

Tank looks good.

Regarding your light question I would rely on what your corals seem to tell you. If the polyps are out and they have good color you should be fine in theory, but if you see any damage or bleaching back off the intensity.

Flow wise I agree with your other replies, I'm sure one MP10 is plenty for that tank.

Make sure you continue testing calcium and alk. Eventually you might need to start dosing. I just picked up some additives to start on my tank.

I have one more thing to add, you should not ever boil rock. Because the rock has the potential to explode, and because of toxins like palytoxin that can be released in the steam.

Otherwise, your tank looks great. I love your rockscape and the coral selections. Keep it coming. :)

Thanks for the reply! Yes light wise i just took it down to 25 percent. Im borrowing a par meter next week from a buddy so will bump up slowly until it hits the right par. Flow wise, still gotta figure out out how to get this flow to the back top. And i will never boil again.. cray cray.

• 1 month later...
michaelrzachmann

whats good yo. I got a excoxitic panorama pro blue/white with a current blue/white and a current blue/blue true lumen. They arent the strongest lights but i have been able to get decent sps growth out of mine at 100% hooked up to the ramp timer pro. I highly reccomend the ramp timer pro if running those lights for easy sunrise/sunset/effects for not too much money. good luck

Archived