Coral Vue Hydros

m98/m101 bulbs

RobinsonFam1

RobinsonFam1

does anyone know if there are reef bulbs for a mogul base 70 watt or 75 watt?

and if so where can i find em?

thanks

BR

no mogul base 70-75w bulbs. moguls are HUGE! ...now they do make 70w MEDIUM based bulbs. Iwasaki makes a 6500k 70w MH bulb...these are screw in type bulbs about the size of a regular sized light bulb...but thinner. Here is a pic::

RobinsonFam1

question #2:

will these fire with a ballast that is rated for m98 or m101?

man i was hoping i could find a 13k or 14k so i dont have to run act03 supplement.

thanks!

Hey RobinsonFam1, they really dont make a 70 watt bulb in that area. They only have the 6.5k, 10k, and 20k bulbs and the bulbs are expensive.....

I think it might be cheaper to use a 150 watt bulb or 175 watt bulb and you have your cholice of kelvins to chose from...

William

I agree. For the cost of one of those bulbs alone, you could do a complete 175w set-up. I would suggest looking around.

Also, I don't know what type of fixture you want to put that in, but a 70w DE bulb will more than likely run on that ballast.

RobinsonFam1

great..thanks for the help everyone.

good to hear from ya William. we should get together and go frag shopping! how is that acrylic nano you made coming along?

BR

RobinsonFam1

yeah i saw that bulb too. i did some more research and found out that the ballast i am looking at will fire a 70DE. looks like im going for it!

thanks for all the help guys!

BR

Archived