Cultivated Reef

how many fish in my tank is ok??

JSinger884

My tank just finished cycling and I am wondering if I can put in 2 juvenile percula clownfish, 1 small yellow tang, and 1 small coral beauty in my 30 gallon tank??

Drop the tang, everyone wants to keep a tang in a little tank. THEY GET BIG AND SWIM A LOT. Sorry not mad at you in particular just people in general. Your other choices sound good.

The Coral Beauty would benefit from a refugium to grow more bugs, they are voracious eaters.

printerdown01

Just remember to add them slowly, if you add them all at once you will end up with a major change in your bioload... This change means that there will be way more nitrite and amonia in your tank, in a very short period of time... Tanks have their own methods of ridding them selves of this type of thing, but need time to adjust... A major disturbance will cause the tank to cycle (and you don't want to go through that again!). Also I understand where Bocephous is comming from when he dismisses your tang, and he has a valid point... However, if you have a long (a 30L) then I would say that a regal is not a problem... These guys do not swim as qickly or as activly! -yeah, I'm sticking my neck out over the cutting board on this one, but it is something I'm willing to stand behind...

Archived