Cultivated Reef

ANOTHER frag from LFS *pic*

Smokin-Reefer

Smokin-Reefer

So, I go to check out that poccilopora (sp?) and happened upon this frag of what I beleived to be montipora. Now I think it could be Porites cylindrica. Either way I'm happy. He's yellow...my camera just sucks. Anyone know if this guy is indeed porites? Also, bottom of frag you notice a ring of some tissue recession...Should i cut him off above this or shall I leave it? The parent had good heads like this one but the bottom was dead, so I talked him into breaking this head off for $10.

Take your best shot....Again. lol.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help in my SPS endevours.

Daniel

I don't know much about SPS, but just wanted to say I love your wheelin' and dealin'...I do the same at my LFS. You should change your name to the Frugal-Reefer!

Smokin-Reefer

the frugal-reefer LMAO! That's hilarious!

I guess you gotta be frugal when you're 20 and still work a part time fast-food job.

:(

Looks like Porites to me! When monti retract, they look smooth.....porites can have that dimpled pattern.

As for the recession, watch it like a hawk! Porites are notorious for "shedding". The polyps will retract, the tissue will swell a little and they slough off any crap. It looks like there is still good tissue below the fuzzy spot.....so just watch it!

You are the master haggler!

Its porites .Looks just like mine .I bought mine about 3 weeks ago.What type of lighting do you have? I am trying mine using pc.My piece is the size of a baseball which I talked my lfs down to $8.00 .

Smokin-Reefer

porities really need alot of light as far as I've read. I think it may be able to live under pc, but It's going to be browned out sometime, I'd think.

I have it under pc for now, my halide comes in 3 days.

boo ya!

btw, I've got a 20h and my sixline is my only fish.

Archived