Coral Vue Hydros

Pontieria is bleaching in only a few days. Looked great when I received.

Han Solo

The pictures show two plants. The first is directly under my LED light. It's at 50% output and doesn't seem TOO bright. Corals are fine. The second picture shows another stalk of the plant on the far right side of the tank, which receives a moderately "darker" side. Both are bleaching.

So ruling out light intensity looks like it shouldn't be a huge factor, but what else could be causing these to bleaching?

I bought $100 of plants for my tank and refugium from live-plants.com are everything came looking awesome and everything besides the two in question are doing great! The sad thing is my Pontieria was the absolutely coolest plant under actinic lights at night! Beautiful red color.

Any suggestions? :)

Nuca0ng.jpgGLStDSX.jpg

What's your filtration set up?

AC30 filter with purigen, filter floss, and some of my cheato on top.

Then a aquafuge (large one) HOB refugium (it's as long as my tank, a 20g long) which has a bag of chemipure, a nano intank skimmer, and lots and lots of macroalgae. Both red and green. Those seem to do fine.

Aside from that, I don't know if my AC30 is really doing the job very well. I don't really no what upgrade to do since my refugium has an intank pump which doesn't work well with "filtering"

Thanks

Alright, so from my experience good filteration will suck all the nutrients out. They may not be getting enough nutrients as the large amounts of macro algae are sucking it up first. Now that's not a bad thing at all until you have plans you want to keep. I am by no means an expert though.

Archived