Top Shelf Aquatics

Shallow.Cube.

Miguel Burguete

Miguel Burguete

I'd avoid the WP10 as well on this tank, I have one and it's really weak. I've heard good things about the RW series though as Wiinberg said.

From your experience do you think that the WP10 gets a good disperse circulation or is it to direct? Does it moves a lot of water? Because the problem with Tunze6015 is that it is too big and not controllable.. I would like to have for now only one pump here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking tank!

From your experience do you think that the WP10 gets a good disperse circulation or is it to direct? Does it moves a lot of water? Because the problem with Tunze6015 is that it is too big and not controllable.. I would like to have for now only one pump here.

I tried a wp10 on my 24x24x16. I thought it was really low flow for my SPS. I got a wp25 and set it to wave1 mode at the lowest speed and it is perfect. It should be similar for your tank I would think, though yours is much more shallow than mine. HTH.

Miguel Burguete

Nice looking tank!

I tried a wp10 on my 24x24x16. I thought it was really low flow for my SPS. I got a wp25 and set it to wave1 mode at the lowest speed and it is perfect. It should be similar for your tank I would think, though yours is much more shallow than mine. HTH.

Thanks! Love your tank BTW!

Do you think that the RW8 will cover the problems of the WP10? Because the WP25 is too big from what I have seen..

Thanks! Love your tank BTW!

Do you think that the RW8 will cover the problems of the WP10? Because the WP25 is too big from what I have seen..

I think that an RW8 would be ok, yeah. FWIW, I don't think that a wp25 is that much of an eye sore, but that's just me.

A WP10 is not a single pump option on that size tank IMO. The flow isn't wide, I think the RW series is a broader flow. The WP25 is much stronger and quite a lot bigger but as Ark says, it's not that bad. I'd save for a MP10 or look into the RW series.
Miguel Burguete

A WP10 is not a single pump option on that size tank IMO. The flow isn't wide, I think the RW series is a broader flow. The WP25 is much stronger and quite a lot bigger but as Ark says, it's not that bad. I'd save for a MP10 or look into the RW series.

Tanks for the responses!

So today I had the opportunity to test one single RW4! Have to say that it is very small and powerful. Tested all modes and it moves a LOT of water.

Definitely going to buy one but not right now because I ve already spent a lot on the tank.

In other news: Got home today one very big piece of Seriatopora Caliendrum it is now my centre piece.

• 2 weeks later...
Miguel Burguete

Mini Update:

The tank is doing just fine. Yesterday I added 3 Chromis Viridis! They are very cool swimming in group. The A. Coeruleus is doing fine, in less than 1 week he already eats everything, flakes, pellets and frozen!

The coralline algae is popping up very fast! Very purple and beautiful coralline. I would say that even with very few sps's corals it is very helpful to have a doser for the alk.

Next week I expect to add two shrimps: Lysmata Amboinensis

Miguel.

• 2 weeks later...
Miguel Burguete

Do you have a name for the zoas closest to the camera?

Hey,

Not 100% sure, but should be something like Radioactive Green.

Beautiful. I'm obsessed with all of these shallow rimless tanks... I'm gonna upgrade to one, sooner or later.

Thank you!

Do it!! A lot of advantages from my view;

• Nice footprint for fishes
  • Very good light performance = better coral growth rates
  • Easy maintenance
  • Super good looking (in general)

Thank you!

Do it!! A lot of advantages from my view;

• Nice footprint for fishes
  • Very good light performance = better coral growth rates
  • Easy maintenance
  • Super good looking (in general)

I love that you have it in a corner, and the cabinet is so clean... Perfect height too.

They seem like no-brainer SPS tanks. And I really dig the corner overflow... so cool!

• 2 weeks later...
Miguel Burguete

Mini Update:

Just got one Jebao rw4! Much better flow than the Tunze6015.

Removed one of the rocks, the one from the centre so it can have more flow. Corals are doing just fine! But i lost my 4 fishes due to Marine Ich.

I am waiting for the tank to process and then buy new fishes and shrimps. I also bought a new doser so I can also add calcium daily.

Miguel

Great tank, and awesome photography!

Seems like it might be worth while to go with T5s over LEDs just for the sake of photographing the tank! Great job!

Archived