Coral Vue Hydros

Moon lights

snostorm

I just ordered one of those 1w led blue coralife moon lights for my nano. I have a 20" 96w quad 50/50, how do these install as an accessary to these lights? Has anyone had any experience with these?

• 3 weeks later...
bravoreefer

Im sorry, but I feel those things are overpriced for what you can DIY. I installed 2 Blue LED Cannons for less than $20. It gives it that great moon light look with more brightness and less money; however, if you are not a DIY'er, good choice.

I have it, it slides into the leg bracket slots on the hood. It looks a little silly but it really lights up my 16 aga at night. The corals flourece under the light. My clowns love it when its on it definatly effects there behavior. I see lots of little crawly pods on my rock if i look closely. Just last night some little pod crawled out of the sand and one of my clowns swooped in and got a little snack. Its real cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the 3/4 watt moonlight on my 2.5. It came with an attachment that squeezes into the track for the mounting legs of the lighting canopy. It's one more cord hanging off the canopy and into the outlet octopus, but the blue shimmering effect is worth it. It's awesome B) !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived