Innovative Marine Aquariums

Who is using a 150HQI pendant? got PICS?

kmu

Hi there, I just bought a 150watt HQI pendant with a 20k AB bulb, its going to be on a 20g tank...

Anyone have pics of HQI pendant lighted tanks?

How far form the water surface? what type of cooling? what bulb are you using and do you like it?

THX in advance...

I just got mine in the mail today, except it has a 10K bulb. :woot: Yea!

I need to get a "j" hook with a molly to get it to hang from the ceiling or else I would have posted a pic today. I held it up to see what it looked like, but my arm got tired. ;) I dont think my corals got much benefit form it! :D

I think I'm goung to switch to a 14K or 20K bulb soon, and keep the 10K as a backup. Its a lot harder to suppliment with actinics and a pendant, as they get in the way.

FishingInMyNano

shut down my 2 nanos into one 60g....Im using 250w HQI pendant w/ AB 20k(no actnics suppliment)....This picture is a pretty good representation of the color. AB 20ks are nice if you dont want to much blue...Id go with the XM 20k for more blue.

attachment.php?s=&postid=227626

heres a pic of my 15H from awhile back. i have since changed to a 14.5k hamilton but dont have much to say about it yet because it has yet to burn in. ill try and post a more recent shot sometime.

Originally posted by KrackerG

matt, you do good work....got a nice setup there:P

Thanks...... I just have to get the inside of my tank to look like greatwit's. (Drooling over all the sps)

FishingInMyNano

MrKrispy: its the new aqua medic oceanlight 250w HQI pendant. I have nothing but good things to say about this light. Sleek design at a good price and it even comes with the AB 20k bulb and cable hanging system. ballast also has a built in fan.

Picked it up at custom aquatics for around 250.00 plus tax(little pricey but I like the clean look).

heres a link:

http://www.championlighting.com/e/env/0001...s/products.html

Hey, that is sweet!

I've been trying to figure out what to get for my new 30g cube and I think that's gonna be it!

Thanks for the link!

yah that is a really nice pendant. I am not a fan of that type of reflector, I would like to get the shell and use an icecap ballast.

Thanks for the heads up!

FishingInMyNano

I talked to one of the representatives, and I was told that the ballast will fire any 250w HQI bulb whether its hamilton or xm. The fixture comes with a 1 year warranty covering all defects or problems. Overall, the light probably isn't for everyone, but it works very well for me.

Yeah, i called marine depot and they told me that. I want to get it, but the only thing i dont like is that the ballast is magnetic. Thanks fishinginmynano. Great tank.

Archived