Top Shelf Aquatics

Number of fish in a 7 mini-bow?

Grif

I've rehosted my 29 gal nano to a 7 gal mini-bow, and am wondering how many fish I should move as well. I've moved my false perc, but am wondering if the royal gramma it was already with in the 29, should make the move as well. Is 2 fish and an assortment of soft and LPS too much? I have options, and have already decided the Banggai Cardinal needs to find other quarters.

I made the mistake of having two fish in a 7g. It was a pair of false percs (now happilly swimming in their 20g). Those two fish have high metabolisms and poop A LOT! Right now in my 7g, I have a baby .5" yellow-tailed damsel and a yellow clown goby. I think this will work fine until the damsel is full grown. I still have to be really on top of my water changes. In that body of water, the nutrients are gone in one weeks time. Just be careful. Try the clown first. Give him about a month. If you start getting an abundance of diatoms or cyanobacteria, then you have a nutrient problem which usually means that you are overfeeding or that there is just too much fish in the tank. If all is well after a month then you might be able to add a really inanimate fish (such as a clown goby) that has a low metabolism and doesn't do a whole lot of adding to the bioload.

Have Fun,

Matt

Archived