Pod Your Reef

Sunburst Anthias or Flame Angel

shawnriv

you have to weight your options. one might not eat and the other might eat everything. lol but i would try another flame just because they're a beautiful fish and try and feed it more so it won't nip at coral. my lfs just had a sale on them for $40. if i had a bigger tank i would have probably bought him.

So many different things can go wrong. My LFS sells the Flame Angel for $49.99 and they sell the Sunburst Anthias for $42. I like the Sunburst because it's such a different kind of fish and love the colors. I am just afraid. Lol.
I vote for the anthias as I have had multiple nipping dwarf angels and wouldn't trust any of them to be good citizens. If you QT the anthias and it can adjust unmolested I think it'll eat frozen and spectrum pellets fine.

Good point. I use preventative treatment with all new fish. I have them go through two to three weeks of quarantine and I medicate them using ParaGuard just to make sure. And I feed my clowns New Life Spectrum

It went through a naughty phase yes. But it never did any major damage. :)

How did you get your Sunburst to eat? And what ever happened to your Flame?

It looks like I'll be giving the Flame Angel a try. I love the look of the Sunburst and will probably regret not getting one, but I've read that they tend to hide a lot. I am looking for a "show" fish. My tank has two True Perculas, Rotal Gramma (in QT), and then the Flame Angel. I will eventually add a Fire Shrimp.

Archived