Coral Vue Hydros

strange milky white bubble lookin thing

b0gart

Hello All,

I am extremely new to this game, set up my tank about 4-5 days ago, 29gal, 30lbs of live sand as substrate about 3lbs of florida aquacultured live rock and 5lbs of fiji. I also put a few pounds of dead rock in. it looked like some of the plant life started growing on the dead rock and then these strange milky white bubbles formed on one of the dead rocks. Check out the picture, it is right in the center....sorry for the quality....I am working on how to take pix through the water with my digi and have them come out clear. Anyway, my question is...Does anyone know what those bubbles are? Thanks in advance!

I have a spot of the same stuff. It looks kind of like...You know..... I also have spot of the same stuff BUT it is Flourescent pink. Here is a pic:

It appeared pretty rapidly, doesn't seem to have spread much in the last 2 days, the thing that is strange is that if it was die off, wouldn't something have had to be living on the rock to start with. that rock that it is on was dry and in a bin at the store. How long can organisms live outside of water? maybe something started to spread to/grow on the rock and didn't take.

Archived