Coral Vue Hydros

New Member - Hello

bevo5

Finally got some real nice orange nitrate readings.....so cycle is just about done. Going to see how fast I can cycle through 2ppm ammonia and then do a massive water change and get a fish or two.

Tons of little creepy crawlers in there now. Walls are alive with copepods and those little isopods are crawling all over everything. Even getting some tiny baby snails that must've come in on the live rock. Lots of little feather duster type worms sticking out of the rock. Things are alive.

I'm going to start with a clown fish - daughter wants one obviously. Might get a 2nd fish but not sure....I'm taking it very, very slow.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you get a clownfish first, be careful of adding other fish because it can get really aggressive around its territory.

I have two clownfish in my tank and i am thinking of adding a smaller fish but one of my clowns is already pretty aggressive with the other clown so im holding off on that.

gl to you and your tank.

Yeah we just went and got the clownfish. He's in there alone but hopefully he'll be alright when new fish come in.

We got:

-Clownfish

-Cleaner shrimp

-Green Toadstool leather coral

-Starfish (who immediately buried himself so that was money well spent )

Gonna keep an eye on the levels tonight and tomorrow just to make sure tank handles it well.

I put that leather coral in a pretty high flow area, seems to be doing ok but the little plug it is on is shaking a bit in the current.

Archived