ReefCleaners.org

Claire's 12g - Boring but happy

ClaireRenee

Oh that's right! Forgot the edge has a small hole. Not cool! :(

Not cool is right! About to get going on it again. Let's hope I have better luck today.

Nice scape! Nice to see some more bay area reefers on the forum.

Thanks! I liked my scape too, but I epoxied the rock at the wrong angle and now I have to change the scape. I think I can make it work though.

Yay, Bay Area!!!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not cool is right! About to get going on it again. Let's hope I have better luck today. Thanks! I liked my scape too, but I epoxied the rock at the wrong angle and now I have to change the scape. I think I can make it work though. Yay, Bay Area!!!

Yay! Good luck! Show us some pics when done! :)

it looks great! congrats on your first saltwater

tank! i'm new to the hobby too and am cycling

my 8g cadlights (upgraded from a 3g pico reef).

i can't say i've ever had luck epoxying anything.

it never worked. so i just stack my rocks and make

sure they are steady. but my configuration not

as great as yours, with arch. good luck!

Yay! Good luck! Show us some pics when done! :)

I sure will! However someone needs to teach me how to get good photos and how you get them on here without reducing the size so much that any quality I might have gotten by luck is sucked out of it.... I bet there is a thread on that... I will look it up :-)

it looks great! congrats on your first saltwater

tank! i'm new to the hobby too and am cycling

my 8g cadlights (upgraded from a 3g pico reef).

i can't say i've ever had luck epoxying anything.

it never worked. so i just stack my rocks and make

sure they are steady. but my configuration not

as great as yours, with arch. good luck!

Yours looks great! I must say that this forum makes me want to swing for the fences. I simply can't believe the beauty of the tanks on this site. I just want to make mine not be a total embarrassment now that I know what is possible!

Photographing Your Reef and Posting Your Photos - Photography ...

www.nano-reef.com/.../190521-photographing-your-reef-and-posting-your- photos/

Found a great article! Thanks NanoReef!!!!

I sure will! However someone needs to teach me how to get good photos and how you get them on here without reducing the size so much that any quality I might have gotten by luck is sucked out of it.... I bet there is a thread on that... I will look it up :-) Yours looks great! I must say that this forum makes me want to swing for the fences. I simply can't believe the beauty of the tanks on this site. I just want to make mine not be a total embarrassment now that I know what is possible!

i use flickr for posting photos on here. There's a mobile app that lets me upload them right out of my phone. Then i go online (laptop or cell), click the share button and paste the bbcode on here. Better than photobucket.

Isn't one of the signs of an addiction is that it interferes with your everyday activities and obligations? I just boiled pasta for 30 minutes while epoxying rocks. Al dente.... Nope!

Isn't one of the signs of an addiction is that it interferes with your everyday activities and obligations? I just boiled pasta for 30 minutes while epoxying rocks. Al dente.... Nope!

haha yep it comes with the package. It was in that small print that nobody reads lol.

looks great! looking forward to your

progress. also, my signature is of my very

first "accidental" pico tank. =) i'm upgrading

now and am super excited! have fun!!!

So, we are up and running. Many thanks to Neil from Saltwater Conversion for calling me to work out the kinks! That is customer service!!!!

Here are the beauty shots... My husband asked if I was going for the foggy San Francisco reef tank. Yep!

post-85186-0-97217800-1410231512.jpg

post-85186-0-63630000-1410231539_thumb.jpg

wow such a clean modern look, love the stand by the way! How does the Marinepac3 work for flow?

Thanks!!!

I'm sure Neil would know more about the flow, but from what I can tell just by putting my hand in, it seems to move a lot of water. I may end up adding a power head for a more random and fluctuating flow, but I have a while to figure that out.

Looks good! I also do love your stand!

Cant wait for corals.

Have you bought any test kits?

Thanks, the stand is Ikea... only the best in this house ;)

As for test kits, I have api for ammonia and nitrite, and better (elos and salifert) for everything else.

Thanks, the stand is Ikea... only the best in this house ;)

As for test kits, I have api for ammonia and nitrite, and better (elos and salifert) for everything else.

Haha I feel yah. My wife is an ikea freak.

I'm more of a DIY freak. :)

So, now the waiting begins. The water cleared a bit overnight, but still looks terrible. My FW took 3 days to fully clear after initial filling and that was with rinsed sand.

I did a baseline water test today and there are only trace, if any, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate as expected. Salinity is 1.025.

Now I am just going to sit back and let nature take her course. I will post more pics once the tank clears up and we have it in position.

15004002478_1417bfcbaf_c.jpgimage by clairerenee111, on Flickr

15004567917_254c43dafc_c.jpgimage by clairerenee111, on Flickr

Also thanks to Angel for the advice on flickr! :bowdown:

Put an uncooked raw shrimp in there for a few days. That will give you ammonia and kick start your cycle.

Or buy ammonia at your local grocery store (family dollar). And dose it.

Put an uncooked raw shrimp in there for a few days. That will give you ammonia and kick start your cycle.

Or buy ammonia at your local grocery store (family dollar). And dose it.

I was planning on going the shrimp route... probably should have mentioned that. Thanks for the advice!

wow! your FW is gorgeous!!

Haha, Thanks! I just can't wait until they are both up and running I think it should look pretty cool.

Well, I have to get my tank crazy procrastinating self to work. If I don't go now I will be shoeing horses in the dark. I'd rather stare at my tank and wander the internet researching tank inhabitants! Oh, Well :(

Haha, Thanks! I just can't wait until they are both up and running I think it should look pretty cool.

Well, I have to get my tank crazy procrastinating self to work. If I don't go now I will be shoeing horses in the dark. I'd rather stare at my tank and wander the internet researching tank inhabitants! Oh, Well :(

haha damn you reality!

Archived