Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yes I did it again!

atrox

ive flooded my basement more times then I care too count. I would always turn my rodi on and end up going to bed. in the morning I would always remember is was on. sucks trying to leave for work but have to clean up all the water.

now my brute can has a cheap float valve to shut the machine off when full. best $11 ive spent.

I flooded my old condo. The previous owner put pergo floors over very old (like 1940's) parque flooring. The water made the parque floors buckle and raise the pergo flooring.

Insurance paid for new wood flooring. Win!

I would always turn my rodi on and end up going to bed.

Numerous times, I've woke up in the middle of the night, realized that I forgot to shut it off, and ran downstairs (terrified that I caused a flood). Most of the time my Brute wasn't full yet. Occasionally, it wasn't even on.

I stuck my RO/DI unit and a 30 gallon brute can out in the garage. If my float valve fails it just overflows in the garage and down the drive way. The washing machine wouldn't work me. I have a front load. And the wife didn't want me to use the garden tub either. I dunno. She acts like she will actually use it one day. 6 years in the house and I think she sat in 4 times. :mellow:

I only use a 5 gallon bucket for RO so I do it in the kitchen sink. I have one of those single, large basins so it fits with room to spare. Of course this also means that my RO system is right next to the sink on the counter for everyone to see. <_<

My husband used to be in charge of it, but he flooded our old house too many times. One time was pretty bad and it seeped under the walls and was squishing up through the flooring in the next room when you walked on it.

I only use a 5 gallon bucket for RO so I do it in the kitchen sink. I have one of those single, large basins so it fits with room to spare. Of course this also means that my RO system is right next to the sink on the counter for everyone to see. <_<

My husband used to be in charge of it, but he flooded our old house too many times. One time was pretty bad and it seeped under the walls and was squishing up through the flooring in the next room when you walked on it.

What was the outcome with the house as this is what I'm dealing with. I towel sponged forever, hair dryer, fans. Did you have to replace walls or carpet due to mildew smell and mold?

Funny Story.

I use a 1 hour old fashion stove timer when I'm filling my garbage cans. I am forced to check every hour and so far no accidents. The wife bought a nice new plug for the laundry tub and filled it up to wash the dogs, forgot about it, and flooded the basement. Got my tank stands wet, carpet smelled like ass, the works. Quite the irony I thought.

We used numerous fans on 24 hours to dry the carpet, and i carefully sprayed pet fabreeze febreeze, however you spell it, let it dry, and then continued the fans. After 3 weeks it no longer smelled, but it was a job. Still have stains on some of the floor boards.

Why not get a dehumidifier and set it in the room for a day or two?

If if you wanna be cheap you can just use calcium chloride and put a bunch around the house you'll be fine

What was the outcome with the house as this is what I'm dealing with. I towel sponged forever, hair dryer, fans. Did you have to replace walls or carpet due to mildew smell and mold?

Not what you want to hear, but we didn't have to do anything. It dried out in a day or two. We lived up the mountains in socal where it was 100+ degrees and like 0% humidity in the summer. We were in more danger of the place burning down all the time than mildew. The only permanent damage was some swelling on a few edges of the laminate floor boards.

Numerous times, I've woke up in the middle of the night, realized that I forgot to shut it off, and ran downstairs (terrified that I caused a flood). Most of the time my Brute wasn't full yet. Occasionally, it wasn't even on.

Haha that happened to me once, ran downstairs only to remember I had turned it off already. Lol

Archived