Top Shelf Aquatics

New Tank, Deteriorating Clown

aimee

You can keep the sponge for the mini filter in your HOB for future use, yes. I'm not sure if that mini filter included carbon, but if it does then you'll want to keep it out of the quarantine in the future until you're removing medicines.

You'll find that there are a lot of products out there that don't do anything good. We like to say that 'nothing good in saltwater happens quickly'. That stabilizer seems to try to 'stop fluctuation in water parameters', but that's something that good tank husbandry should be taking care of already. You're better off not using it and sticking to regular water changes. When you do find a product you're interested in, research it as much as possibly until you're convinced that you still want to try it! :]

Good luck!

I'm still planning on shopping for that medication just in case. And waiting for the tank to stabilize should take several weeks; I'll keep the quarantine/hospital up in the mean time.

At the very least I have lots to research now that will help me in the future. I'll do better with finding out exactly what things do before I purchase them and use them on the tank.

Thank you for all of your help!!

Dang :( Sorry to hear about the fish. It sounds like the temp was too cold?? Sometimes small things can push a sick fish over.

Keep a close eye on your other clown incase he catches anything.

It might have been the temp. :( I'll be keeping an eye on him. Will most likely dose the 10 gallon just in case. And I'll get a better heater before I quarantine anyone new in the 5!

Archived