ReefCleaners.org

2 Bayco Lights wired to one plug?

Smokin-Reefer

Smokin-Reefer

Anyone know if it's safe, and possible to run two of the bayco ballast' with one powercord? Outlets are very limited near my setup and would like to use them to light the fuge.

Thanks

Daniel

Smokin-Reefer

have one, and it's all used up. I live in a rental house which is pretty old. I'm not too sure about the wiring. Am already running cpu/tank/waterbed out of one outlet, so obviously I don't want to risk burning down the house. This may become a reality when i get my halide!

matt the fiddler

run a hig grade extension cable [3 prong] from an outlet on another circuit. turn the existing one off, and look for a live one :) then you won't be overloading anything..

i had an electrician friend come in and run a direct line friom the fuse panel to where my tank is...so now my tank has it's own fuse breaker. i did the actual run of the cables through the walls...took my friend 30 mins to do the hook ups ...plus he NEVER turned off the power...I couldnt bear to watch!:) dang smarty pants electrician

i think you know what the correct answer is...or else you wouldn't have asked...but no, you cannot use the same power cord. And you want a balanced circuit throughout your house. just my 2 cent

Smokin-Reefer

word, thanks krackerG, I had a feeling it couldn't be done but i figured I COULD be wrong lol. I think I may try to run some more things off a long extension cord from another circuit. Which brings me to my next question- Is the only way i can find out where another circuit's located is to turn off each breaker until i find all the circuits?

Archived