ReefCleaners.org

Frag at LFS *pic*

Smokin-Reefer

Smokin-Reefer

Well, it's a pretty good size frag, they want $29 for it, I may be able to offer less. Anyone have any info about this acro? It's really fuzzy....is it supposed to be? I've never seen one so fuzzy.

Thanks

Daniel

polyp extension is always a good sign, although it looks a little browned out to me.

it looks healthy, just brown :-)

-skeletor-

Smokin-Reefer

I think I can attribute the browness to the fact that they have them under hamilton "5000k plus" bulbs....Probably not the best! My CA and Alk are still not in the acceptable ranges, but I am working on it the best I can. Do you think it's worth $30?

Daniel - without a closer pic, I'd guess and say it is a pocilloporid and I say got for it! Good price, good size and, as skeletor points out, good extension. If it has had time to brown up, it has been there awhile, and they probably want to move it out........who know what color you get. If it is a pocillo, they can be a ton of colors.

Smokin-Reefer

Sweet! I think I'm going to get it this afternoon. Damn i need to be saving my money....TOO MANY FRAGS lol.

I'll get some better shots when i get it into my tank....and the polyps stop coming out, I'm sure...HAHAHA.

I'd say it's worth $30 no problem. What are you using to raise your Ca? Mine was low, like 370, and I started dosing B-Ionic. I followed the direction, but it was just precipitating out of the water. Just went with part 2 for a while and got the Ca up to 450...boy did my Monit. Dig. take off. For a SPS it grows like a weed. Good luck.

Smokin-Reefer

I had been dosing kalk in small dilute amounts because I have no ca/alk test, but I'll be getting them hopefully this weekend. I'd dose the kalk every other day until i noticed it precipitating, then I'd hold off for awhile. I just started adding a little superbuffer Dkh, but I'm not dosing alot in fear of spiking the levels. In other words, I dose a very very VERY limited amount i hopes of just keeping things stable without the kits.

Archived