Coral Vue Hydros

new at this need any help possible!

rock12

I'm thinking about starting a 10gallon nano tank. I've kept freshwater for alone time and am switching over! Anyways i was wondering becuase i'm new at this whole thing if anyone could help me out. I bought one of those 10gallon package deals at walmart if anyone knows what i'm talking about and was wondering if what it comes with would be fine for a saltwater nano(i got the tropical not the freshwater)? It has a heater a thermometer and some kind of fiterization. It hangs over the top and pours water into the tank, then there is this black thing that sticks down in the water(with a cover) that sucks debres into it. Is this adiqute enough? I'm planning on getting 10lbs live rock and live sand, but what else would you recremend that i need? I'll get the test kits and all, but i was wondering if there was anything else you could have(certian corals,snails,...ect) that would help keep the tank more stable. I've been on some other forum sites and some people say its hard others say its not so i'm realy confused on weather or not i should put forth some of my money to do this if i'm not sure it will work out. I realy want a saltwater tank but i don't want it to crash. Is there any advise out there to help keep my tank easy to mantian??? Also what could i put in my tank(what do you recremend) to keep it clean. Basicly i'm asking for any and all advise possible,warnings, anything. If anyone could tell me though the best stocking for a 10 gallon (corals,snails,fish,crabs..ect...) that would realy help becuase i've heard so many things. If anybody knows though of a good and HARDY fish for a 10gallon that is realy colorful and doesn't get bigger than 6in that would also be some much needed information. Just realy need help with getting started and if you think i could even do this!:(

i'd spend a few hours surfing around this site first, it's the best source of help i've found. it doesn't sound like you know quite what you're getting into yet. maybe you should do a bit more research.

Archived