Top Shelf Aquatics

Look what I found

tapsmith

Okay, so I found this thing in my HOB filter. This is the biggest one, there were approximately another 4 or 5 in the main compartment. I do know they are some sort of anenome, because when I pulled up the intake and the water went out of this compartment it pulled itself back in. When I put it back in the water it slowly came back out again. The littler ones I actually touched and they withdrew into themselves.

I have not a clue how I got these things, or how they ended up inside the HOB. Any ideas would be great. Are they good, bad, do I keep them and let them continue, or get rid of them.

I have never seen this stuff at my lfs, does anyone know where I can get that stuff here in Northern California??

You know I've been experimenting with a mini nano reef, theres really not much in there now, is there a safe way to remove these things so that I can put them in that tank?? The tank is less than 1 gallon. So its not like much would be wasted if I moved them over there. Right?? If I'm completely out of mind, some one please tell me. Thanks again.

That might not be a mojano. There is a small coral that comes on gulf rock that resembles and anemone, but when it with drawls, looks more like a fungia.

So how will I know what exactly it is?? All the pictures I've looked at show Mojano as being kind of greenish with pink tips or redish. This is slightly pinkish at the base, and white tenticles.

And that picture taken above was after putting it back into the water. I was trying to get a really good picture to put up here but couldn't get a good shot with it out of the water due to it closing up.

Archived