Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Snail/Slug with thin flat shell that looks like it.....

asn

Ok, don't laugh. I watched this Grey slug/snail (about 1/2 the size of a penny) thing come out of a hole in one of my rocks move up the rock, and act like it was blowing it's nose. It did this about 6-8 times, and each time a bunch of junk came out into the water. I tried to take a picture, but didn't have much luck.

Anyone know what this is???

I also have a rock with a small hole in it. Every once in a while a bunch of slimy junk comes out of that hole (like a worm is expelling it's waist). It spews out a bunch of stuff, and I'm wondering what it will do to my bio load.

Anyone know that this could be?

Thanks

it kinda looks like that but, the shell is flatter and maybe a little smaller.

Now what was the stuff that was coming out of it, and why did it look like it was sneezing?

thanks

My tank has been up for 3 months now and one of those snail slug things came out for the first time about 2 weeks ago mine looks kinda like the pic above but the shell has like little thorns around the outer rim and is a grayish color with white speckels? ??? I just happen to be looking in the tank the first time it came out of the rock I was freeking and yelled for my wife to come look at it.:o It came out for a while then went back in and stayed in there for 2 or 3 days then came out and has stayed out cence and now I have a small one just like it too:) they clean the glass better than the other snails I have so I like haveing them around but would like to know what they are???

I gaze at my tank for about 15 mins at least every day when I get home from work and its never the same something has moved or something new has poped up or out as it were I should of got rid of the fresh water tanks long ago;)

I just got back from my LFS. I got a piece of rock that was about a 1/4lb, and I got 4 of them. Three of them are whitish, and one is brownish. Do they eat algae?

reef hugger

They are good algea eaters. About "blowing it's nose", they are board cast spawners I believe, so what you saw was it releasing eggs or sperm in to the water column.

• 4 weeks later...

I looked in the tank yesterday, and saw it again, but this time 4 of them were doing it. 2 of them looked like they were blowing out eggs, and the other 2 were blowing out sperm. Weird and Cool at the same time

Archived