Cultivated Reef

Who Killed my Green Chromis !!

xalex1

That fishie was so cute !! :( It only lasted to day in my tank before some one murdered him !!!

Who do you think it was ??

* T/p Clown fish

* Big cardinal pajama

* Sleeper gold head gobie

I suspect the cardinal !!! Yesterday he was looking at my defensles litlle green chromis in a wierd way !!

??

I assume to = Two days (typo) did U quarintine it? where did U get it from? was it eating? did it have any physical signs of wasting? does it have any physical damage? was it sick? If U need help, please answer with more detail....;)

I would have to also ask for more info.....

I can give you this however: Green Chromis are typically poor aclimators so taking your time doing so would be a great idea. They tend to be very lazy and possibly sickly looking when you place them into a new tank.

They do better in small schools or they will get very scared. It's possibe he was stressing so bad (due to not feeling safe/comfortable) that the other fish say it as a sign of weekness and picked on him. It is a natural response for fish to attack the weak.

Cameron

The Fishy was doing great , it had no sings of any type of illnises. I just found him deasd on the sand bed with a little peace of his belly missinng.. :( He use to hang out with my goby , they were all the tim together. I aclimatized him really well ..

I don't want to be a jackass but the fact that I read the post that you setup your 20 gallon tank two months ago at most and you already have (or had I should say) 5 fish in there might be the problem ... I could be wrong though...

Archived