Innovative Marine Aquariums

Whats so special about the ALIFE 7g?

reefskunk

i see a lot of people with the alife but i have no idea whats so special about it. Can someone please fill that empty void in my head with some info?

johnrags1234

well i think there is a few reasons they are so popular, first imo bow fronts ARE beatiful tanks i dont know anyone who will dissagree, it has built in filtration, and maybe even a skimmer and a light setup, im not positive on the latter too though

printerdown01

The Alife 7 is a easy way to start. You don't have to mess around with DYI jobs or putting a tank together part by part... Most people are buying them becuase they have a decent filtration set-up, you can hide everything in the back portion of the tank (including heaters, thermometers, and powerheads), they CAN* come with enough stock lighting to keep clams (I have seen it done), and they look great!

*I say "CAN" because some models come with a smaller PC... The higher end Alifes come with either a 28 or 32W 50/50 PC -which is a heck of a lot of light in a 7.5 gallon tank (not all of the tank is lighted -because of the back section- so the light is spread over even less than 7 gallons)!!

Originally posted by NaNO ReeFiN

I'll have used one for sale in a couple of weeks if anyone is interested...

I read about that. As I understand it You already have an offer for 90 dollars. seems like an awfull lot for somthing that retails for 120, not to mention that it's lights have already been in use. if that offer falls through I would pay 75 or 90 if it includes shipping. One nice thing about buying a used tank is it's like a free peice of live rock.

BTW, did you mod it at all?

If you can find it brand new for 120, congratulations... Here in SoCal, they range from 150 to 160. Aquatic Warehouse has them the cheapest at 130. The tank is in it's original condition, no modifications at all to it.

printerdown01

Who in the hell sells them for $150 or $160!? YIKES that is a little over priced! The only price range I have seen them down here is 120-130 and on sale they were $90... lol someone got an over shipment of them and wanted to clear them out...

Pet Kingdom and Tropical Fish in Clairemont sell them for that price... (yeah, it's crazy, I know...) I bought mine for $135 so it wasn't that bad.

Originally posted by NaNO ReeFiN

These tanks are popular because you don't have to change anything on the tank to turn it into a reef tank. Just add sand, rocks, and water and you're ready to go!

dauh.... dauhh.. dauhh.... waht is a reef tank?

Nano Im sorry.. that is the sillyest statement I have read in a while.......

OFCOURSE they are reef ready ! they were made fer that ! X)

I generaly add the same things to ALL my tanks HAHAHAHHA.

Originally posted by Dave ESPI

OFCOURSE they are reef ready ! they were made fer that ! X)  

Well duh! That's the point I was trying to make when reefskunk asked what's so special about the tank... X) Meaning, you don't have to add any retrofit kits or upgrade anything on the tank...

whell if any ones intrested im selling mine because i updated to another 40 mine comes whith a rio 90 powerhead a rio 50 and a ebo jagarr 50 wat heater for 160 and its new only 4 months old evry thing works great

cam

printerdown01

Thanks man!!! I really appreciate the avitar! My girlfriend came on and read through some of my stuff, and bagged on me for not having "something under my name" just last night!! You couldn't have had better timeing... For those of you that don't know (and are wondering why in the hell he picked this for me) this IS MY fish swiming around in my tank... He was looking for video with coral and fish... I sent him some of stuff I have taped in my tank... -Very cool, thanks a million. I would have never thought of doing this!

Archived