Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

10g w/10g fuge and 5g sump (pics)

castor

Tank specs:

10g AGA display tank, 10g rubbermaid fuge, 5g sump tank. (~19g true water volume with taking into consideration sand and rock)

50lbs southdown sand - 1.5" in display, 5" DSB in fuge

27lbs LR (~20 in display and 7 in fuge)

107w NO overdriven by 2x over display

54w NO overdriven by 2x over fuge

Inhabitants:

4 astrea snails

5 nass snails

1 really small queen conch (will remove when gets larger)

4 med. scarlet leg hermits

1 small emerald crab

1 small peppermint shrimp

1 med firefish

med GSP colony

1 very small kenya tree frag

Huge mass of chaeto in fuge

Water specs:

amm: 0

NO3: 0

NO4: 0-.5ppm

sg: 1.025

temp: 80-82F (sometimes on a hot day will peak at 84)

I am just really happy with this tank. I've followed pretty much everything that I had read up on and I haven't had a single problem (knock on wood). I added the first fish today after waiting those long two months and he is doing great. I haven't lost anything and the nitrates have stayed close to 0 for the last month. Now I can't wait to add more corals, but I know, nothing good happens in a SW tank fast. I do plan to space out each new addition by at least two weeks. You know, if you do your research and take your time, things aren't really THAT hard and is very much enjoyable.

Here are the pics-

10gnano1.jpg

10gnano8.jpg

This tank actually sits at the foot of my bed between the bed and wall and under a shelf. Yeah, I've been at the point of where if I think a tank will fit there, I'll make it fit. :D

10gnano2.jpg

My beaut of a firefish (this guy under high light GLOWS like nothing else)

10gnano4.jpg

Small kenya tree hitchiker (at least I think it's kenya tree)

10gnano5.jpg

refugium

10gnano6.jpg

Best pic of fuge and sump setup I could get as it is behind my bed.

10gnano7.jpg

Finally, my HOB overflow with silencer standpipe I built for less than $10. :D

10gnano9.jpg

10gnano10.jpg

Oh, I was thinking of deaming this tank 'Pirates cove'. Can anybody guess as to why?

Tell me what you think!

I think it turned out really nice, and almost looks bigger than a 10g to me. I didn't really even plan for the look with that one rock, I had just thought it would make a nice overhang/cove, but when I got it in place I noticed what it looked like.

I like your Castle Greyskull in the back left corner there...

That wall has lots of potential: add LOTS of plating corals to give it more dimension. I would get a few M. caps and just let them dominate an area and really spread out, with a few SPS throughout as well.

ghostbear29

Now I see that Castle Greyskull....Classic He-man, I think. THe rock scaping is definitely cool. But I have to ask, why do a huge Ref and Sump for such a small tank? im a newbie and all and just wondering what is the benefit. Cool tank, take care.

Archived