Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2 X 32W retro doesn't fit my nanocube!

wbeavers

I did research this, and found others had retrofitted two 32 watt power compacts into a nanocube hood. I ordered a Current Sunpaq retro kit. It doesnt seem to fit in my hood. What have others used on their nanocubes? Please be specific; brand & model.

Why wont it fit?

You should mod it like artar's hood. Just cut the reflector to fit inside the hood and mount the bulbs with the metal clips.

Have you managed to get the lights in there yet? I am looking at the same retrofit kit, and want to make sure that it will work.

Thanks,

Bryan

The sockets on the Current are more of a heavy duty item than the CSl and are slighty bigger. I made my own canopy for my mini and hade to take one of my fans out to get it to fit. They are excellent build quality so I am not complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew I could use a couple of connectors from a circleline ballast, but I was worried about voiding the warranty. I will be soldering on two new cicleline connectors this week. By the way old timer I have worked on fighter planes, cars, paintball guns, scuba gear, and heating & air conditioning systems professionally; so take your paint-by number comment and stick it in your sassy trap!

Archived