Top Shelf Aquatics

100% Noob 1st Tank 14 gal Biocube

biev

Oh I meant the maxijet 1200 was put in place of my return pump. I forget what brand/model the powerhead I have in there now is. Have been looking into the jebao, seems like a good dealio from the reviews. Do the wave!

1200 is a perfect fit for the 14. Much better than the wimpy lil stock pump. Just got the Jebao-25 for my 40... It kicks a little too much ass.

Ok was going to order jebao wp10 today, butttt new livestock called my name. Royal Gramma Basslet and frogspawn in zee house! Pics after acclimation.

Well, got my Jebao rw4 in the tank, diggin the wave function and flow control, the reefbreeders led is OMG AWESOME! My fish and corals have never been so alive!! Had to do away with the maxijet 1200 for now sadly, it made too much noise for me to sleep through at night! I assume the Cobalt mj line is better than the Marineland mj line?

Let's get a FTS! Looks like everything is going good. I got the MJ900 on my 14 and with the Koralia 240, it's almost too much flow. There are very few places in the tank that corals that like low flow are happy. I have 2 hammers that are constantly pissed. I am envious of your new light. I need to make the switch to LED.

Pesciolino69
Ricordia pic from the other night I forgot to post. lol SAM_1347.jpgAll is well in the cube this week. Usual water change and moving a few corals around for better flow/lighting on them

The colour of Ricordea is one of my favourite people. Keep up the good work.

The colour of Ricordea is one of my favourite people. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, I really like this Ric a lot! I may start a garden of them, just have to see how others have done it!

Let's get a FTS! Looks like everything is going good. I got the MJ900 on my 14 and with the Koralia 240, it's almost too much flow. There are very few places in the tank that corals that like low flow are happy. I have 2 hammers that are constantly pissed. I am envious of your new light. I need to make the switch to LED.

I just went back to the stock return pump till I get my hands on a cobalt mj900, the mlmj 1200 was too noisy and my sand was flying like superman with that and the Jebao Rw4(which is the bees knees). Front tank shot and a few others to come up in a few.

Rgb

SAM_1432.jpg

Lil side shot

SAM_1431.jpg

fts

SAM_1430.jpg

Frogspawn not so happy today!

SAM_1424.jpg

My attempt at an above tank shot, just realized Goby Mcgwire came out for the pic! lol

SAM_1421.jpg

Glad to hear the LED is working out great. It will shock some corals, so make sure to start low. Its usually less going from led to led, but this led is way more powerful than your last. The led's are higher quality and obviously has 55 of them.

Got bored moved stuff around tonight.

Frogspawn is loving the new layout:

SAM_1444.jpg

Ric/Cleaner shrimp bomb:

SAM_1464.jpg

Fts: Sorry for the poor lighting in the pic, it's my camera!

SAM_1460.jpg

Well sad to report that my Royal Gramma Basslett went missing today. Tore my tank apart looking for it(not a good idea) and no luck. Can't find any dead fish on my floor either. :|

Ha, at this point I would almost agree. It is ok though, I am thinking one of my corals or something ate it, ya that is it. Looks like it is time for a screened in top and new livestock. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived