Pod Your Reef

Help ID-ing - Mushrooms/critters!

Sushi

Hi guys, i just need some quick IDs...

Picture 1: bright pink mushroom of some sort. i just want to figure out of it's some sort of yuma or just a regular mushroom?

Picture 2: tentacles that pop out from under the mat of my GSPs during night time. they dont seem to move at all and kind of look like brittle star legs. the only thing is they basically float their tentacles in the water and haven't moved for the last 3 weeks or so.

Picture 3: same question as #1, i just want to know what type of mushroom this is. it almost looks like a ricordia or a yuma, but i'm not too sure.

Picture 4: this is a snail that hitchhiked onto my LR and into my tank. the base of the foot is red and he's VERY slow moving. only comes out at night, and sometimes hides in the LR for days at a time. i can't really see if he does anything, i think he just scavenges. i'd like to know if these guys are OK to keep in my tank...

OK, well that's it. they're pretty simple IDs, and anyhelp would be appreciated. thanks again guys ;)

well i tried taking more pix, but i couldn't get a VERY clear shot... i hope this will help a bit more. by obvservation, #3 does have a lot of bumps surrounding the mouth. the actual mouth is bright orange and there are a tiny row of bumps just going around the mouth. #1 doesn't have as many bumps as the #3 ... but there are still small tiny distinguishable bumps. i don't think they might be ricordias since they're not as "plump" as other rics i've seen... they look more like yumas to me, but i'm not sure! :blush:

this is #3

reef hugger

1 & 3 are rics. #1 might be R.floridia hard to see the mouth clearly. #3 is a yuma. Rics vary alot in their plumpness. #4 I have no idea, but keep and eye on him. Where did you get your LR from?

i bought the tank from a fellow reefer. he had it setup for about a year i believe, the rock looks pretty dense, not really like fiji rock so i have to believe it came from somewhere around the atlantic. only the snail (#4) was a hitchhiker when i bought the tank, everything else i added to the system.

the snail doesn't really do much. he doesn't even go through the corals... sometimes my ceriths will plow thru my GSPs, but this guy just sticks onto the wall, or in some crevice of the LR... like i said before, he's very inactive, but manages to move around a lot...seems like a boring guy with a cool shell :P

another reefer gave me the shrooms .. but he never told me what kind... which is why i was asking. :)! thanks for the help guys...i suspected #3 to be a yuma. i think #1 is just a regular bumpy shroom... i'll try to get 1 clear shot of it later... but it's so hard to take pix ... neone have ne tips ?? (canon powershot s230)

EtOH_is_good

ur autofocus is not focusing very well. are u using macro or manual mode, tripod, turning off flow? try doing a search in photo section. there are a lot of photo tips including some that i've left.

Archived