Coral Vue Hydros

Drama's 125 build progress (build progress)

Dramad1

Lmk see if I can find the seller name. Bought it off ebay, came from China . Took 3 weeks to arrive and I was expecting to wait 2-3 more weeks before receiving it but it showed up early. Great quality though, perfect seams and polished edges. Give me a sec.

I found the name of the company it came from. I will have to log into ebay in a bit to get the sellers name.

Came from:

MarineColor Aquarium Supplies Co.

Renault 53-2 341 ShenHeQu

ShenYangShi LIAONING 110014

China

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Under reef shop Web page and can be found in dosing pump section

Found it, thanks

Really looks like a quality piece of equiptment

For the price, I'm very surprised in the quality. We will see how it holds up I the long run. I'm liking it so far. Also that place has some weird/cool lil nick knacks for the tank like hose holders and sock holders, various size containers etc etc. Just stuff you don't find or see a lot of.

Oh yeah! I need to catch up and get a RMS mount for myself.

Do you trust that it is secure enough to mount a DSLR to one of the RMS slides?

What's up^^, I've been wondering about your build. I was thinking we are all due for an epic update. Thanks for stopping by.

The rms rail it stout, very well made and I am not showing any signs of bowing. If you wanted to mount the dslr to the rail itself, I think that would be fine, I'm still a lil skeptical about the track slide mount that hooks up to the radions cause they are made of plastic, I'm sure over time they will become brittle and or worry that I'll smack it by accident and crack it and have my light end up in the tank. They are the same light mount plates the rms rail comes with but just track style if that makes sense. I would be more satisfied if the mount to the light was made of aluminum instead. But still it's nice and I really like it.

The tracks are fine but the mounting plate to the radions that's connected to the track is what concerns me a bit.

I went ahead today and made that mixing station, should help making water and doing water changes I hope.

20150207_133736_zpswp5skghp.jpg

Another week before I can get this system wet. I'm waiting on a few parts for my booster pump to arrive and still need to do some wire management and clean things up. I'm also trying to create a way to simplify my water making system so I will no longer have to lug buckets around and constantly have to fill jugs. Looking to have aprox 100g of water on hand at all times. This will cover my smaller systems, ato storage and this systems wc's. I know what I want but I need to draw it all out and figure out exactly how I'm going to get it done. I've never modded out an ro/di system before. I see all of these awesome fish rooms online where they have there state of the art water systems and mixing stations, plumbing etc etc. I'd like something similar but on a budget and simple, but done right. Not sure if I'm in over my head. I've been non stop researching and browsing, looking at different set ups and trying to mash my own idea together. I'm a bit overwelhmed

Drama, awesome setup bro! I hope you don't mind but when I build my in wall tank, I may or may not refer to your thread! Also can we get a link to this seller? I can't seem to find him as easily on eBay through my phone and all the acrylic dosing containers are way more thank $35. I'd definitely like to see what this seller has!

I posted his full business name and address a few post back. Just Google that in and find it easily. Nice stuff but way in China, I like USA made, keeps The monies in the states plus it's made here.

Thanks for checking out the build, I have done alot of similar things that others with amazing tanks have done. I was inspired, so many awesome builds out there.

Tank update, not much, still waiting on pressure switch and a few Lil knick nacks. I received my mixing pump the other day, I went overboard and picked up a mag18. Should be more than enough for my mixing station. Also need to grab some lumber for a platform for my water storage container. I kinda want to get this taken care of before filling my tank..... but the tank is ready to go and fill with water. Also still kinda trying to decide on scape and sand bed with various slopes and depths

Transporting it. I sold my truck and now have a challenger. Not the best way to transport water. Plus it's kinda far from my house, I'm in ramona. 50 miles away. Someone needs to do a delevery service.

I would save a boat load on salt.

Yeah i would, just not for a few days after a rain and I would test the levels before putting in my tank. I heard the salinity is like 1.019-1.023 so I would raise that with salt to at least 1.025 and test ca,mg and p04

Got a few things to hook up my ro/di system and mixing station.

20150213_160137_zpsffywvtfx.jpg

Plan to attempt to install booster pump in about an hour and glue up my mixing station. Also need to check what wood I have on hand and see if I can fab up a stand for my water storage.

Valentines day (happy V-Day everyone) is tomorrow so, not sure what the plans will be for the tank this weekend but hopefully I can at least start filling my storage containers and run a line to my tank.

Booster pump all hooked up, making water!!!

Parts for hook up

20150215_090745_zpscl85urzp.jpg

All hooked up now but before mounting back on the wall I have to replace a T coupler I put in before di filter cause it's leaking. I have tried to press it in but it starts to slowly drip if I move the unit. I have a back up.:)

Filling my 5g jugs now. Then mixing can, then water storage,then tank. Whoop whoop, lol

20150215_090745_zpscl85urzp.jpg

Also after hooking the pump up and turning everything on, it up'd my pressure to 90psi, I turned it down to 80psi fto play it safe. So far I have "almost" doubled water production, 1hr 10min for 5gal. Booster pump was a lil loud when first turned on but after 5 mins, has a slight Humm now. Much better!

Mixing station plumbing all glued and finalized. This will drop down in my 44g brute can. Filling can as we speak. One more water change to go and then onto the rock scape some more.

20150215_141713_zpsj0wk7hlx.jpg

So the never gonna get wet tank build continues. I have to admit, I have been procrastinating a lil over here.

I got off work a few hours early today and decided to tackle another part of the mixing station. Building a stand for my fresh water storage. I wanted to build it so I can roll my can underneath and fill when needed.

I had some left over wood from my stand build as well as another build I did. I had just enough.

20150219_141200_zpswewuvzcs.jpg

Everything cut, I busted out the kreg jig again, love this jig.

20150219_144626_zpssnyxpw5l.jpg

Frame finished, just need a top now. Maybe down the road I will skin the sides but this will do for now.

20150219_160031_zps1jmmq8wf.jpg

In the laundry room and in place, that spigot will be swapped out for a more heavy duty ball valve

20150219_162410_zps8cmo94oi.jpg

20150219_162425_zpsg9si0ts2.jpg

Start to finish, 2 1/2 hours. This is the fourth stand I have built this style so seemed pretty simple and all slapped together fairly quickly.

So I have my 44g cab filled, need to fill this can still, but need to rinse it out and swap out the valve, then start filling the tank. Everything is pretty much ready to go, just waiting on me. I don't get much time to work on it and have 3 boys that keep me busy :). Almost there everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Today!

Final preperations are underway. Cleaning out the stand and mixing water. I'm hoping to have sand and water in by the end of the day, rock scape was crushed so I need to create a new scape as well. Nervous at this point.

20150228_100710_zpse8a8flst.jpg

Archived