SaltCritters.com

Lighting options MB7

speed_freak03

speed_freak03

Hello all, First off i currently have a minibow 7 with 13 watts of power compact lighting. It is ok, but i definatly want more so i can grow some better corals. I also have a all glass top i made so i can use pre-made lighting systems too.

Which is the best of my options?

CSL is out of business and I am having a hard time finding there retro fit, for a reasonable price.

Hellolights has there 32 watt nano ballast and bulb for $40, I already have a reflector that would work, but I would need to make a new canopy for this.

There is a company on Ebay that sells (2) 13 watt lighting system for around $40.

Coralife has those screw in 20 watt 50/50 bulbs? How would 2 of these do over the tank opposed to a regular 32 watt bulb?

Has anyone tried out the new drsfostersmith (2) 18 watt bulb system, that is cheap, and should work, but i want to hear about the quality first.

And last, does anyone know of a site that has decent priced ballast? I am not afraid to monster garage my liighting system (if you saw it now you would think its a fire hazard :P )

Thanks for all your time.

Archived