ReefCleaners.org

Kessil owners

Lowkeycoral

reefernanoman

I absolutely love my Kessil A160we over my Nanocube 28G after 1 month. I have seen growth from my easy SPS like my superman monti and my orange cap. The shimmer is amazing and the colors are wonderful too. This is probably going to me my "go to" company from now on. Controlled by my Apex, and using the 90 degree adapter.

IMG_2128.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love my Kessil A160we over my Nanocube 28G after 1 month. I have seen growth from my easy SPS like my superman monti and my orange cap. The shimmer is amazing and the colors are wonderful too. This is probably going to me my "go to" company from now on. Controlled by my Apex, and using the 90 degree adapter.

IMG_2128.jpg

Looks ideal over your tank. That monti cap is stunning!

reefernanoman

Looks ideal over your tank. That monti cap is stunning!

Thanks! Yeah, that growth has been achieved through my previous LED's, but I can see new growth from Kessil too:

IMG_2178.jpg

reefernanoman

Well, it looks like I underestimated the power of my a160we. I have it about 6 inches above the water of my nanocube with the intensity around 60% and had to go down to 30% since some of my SPS were starting to show signs of bleaching.

• 3 weeks later...

I am at the point of purchasing lighting for my IM fusion 30 long dimensions are 36 x 15 x 12 deep. I was thinking that 2 Kessil A160's would do the job perfectly. what do you think... will this be able to grow anything i put in this tank

I have the 160we kessil tuna blue over my 28 cube. Seems fine, and very adjustable. Looking into getting a controller in near future. So far no complaints and my corals love it.

Cencalfishguy56

I am at the point of purchasing lighting for my IM fusion 30 long dimensions are 36 x 15 x 12 deep. I was thinking that 2 Kessil A160's would do the job perfectly. what do you think... will this be able to grow anything i put in this tank

I would think so, I'm gonna run two on my 20L and it will be plenty, your tank is only 6 moe inches

reefernanoman

I have the 160we kessil tuna blue over my 28 cube. Seems fine, and very adjustable. Looking into getting a controller in near future. So far no complaints and my corals love it.

Nice. Pictures?

Now I'm down to 15% on my A160we over my NC28G! My SPS were still showing signs of bleaching.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been debating on switching to 2 Kessil A160we for my 40 breeder and ditching my Coral Compulsion 120p light. Was upset to see that Coral Compulsion doesn't make that light anymore and only make the PAR bulbs. I think 2 360's would be overkill for a 40 breeder.

Does anyone know if you can hang the Kessil A160we's? Or do they have to be on the gooseneck?

Cencalfishguy56

I've been debating on switching to 2 Kessil A160we for my 40 breeder and ditching my Coral Compulsion 120p light. Was upset to see that Coral Compulsion doesn't make that light anymore and only make the PAR bulbs. I think 2 360's would be overkill for a 40 breeder.

Does anyone know if you can hang the Kessil A160we's? Or do they have to be on the gooseneck?

They actually come with the hanging kit when you order the light, gooseneck is ordered separately

They actually come with the hanging kit when you order the light, gooseneck is ordered separately

I was under the understanding that the A160we didn't have a hanging kit at first. With the cable being in the middle does it make hanging them lopsided? does anyone have a pic of one that is hung they could post? An A160we that is.

Cencalfishguy56

I was under the understanding that the A160we didn't have a hanging kit at first. With the cable being in the middle does it make hanging them lopsided? does anyone have a pic of one that is hung they could post? An A160we that is.

It comes with two triangle hooks one on each side of the light I believe, I don't have the box with me but I know I have the stuff inside I'll let you know once I get home

It comes with two triangle hooks one on each side of the light I believe, I don't have the box with me but I know I have the stuff inside I'll let you know once I get home

i would very much like to see what it looks like hanging, I can't seem to find any pics of a a160We hanging. I already have to brackets in place that would work perfect but must see it first before I buy.

• 1 year later...

I have a Kessil A150W (man. April 2012) that began powering off for several seconds to a minute at a time every 5-10 minutes (very slow and dramatic thunderstorm). I air blasted it but it kept doing it. I finally disassembled it and plugged it in before air blasting it again. I plugged it in for a while and didn't have any issues. Anyone else experience this?

Cencalfishguy56

I have a Kessil A150W (man. April 2012) that began powering off for several seconds to a minute at a time every 5-10 minutes (very slow and dramatic thunderstorm). I air blasted it but it kept doing it. I finally disassembled it and plugged it in before air blasting it again. I plugged it in for a while and didn't have any issues. Anyone else experience this?

it is 4 years old so maybe it's going out? I know LEDs have 4-5 year life span? Or maybe a little more

Sounds more like a safety thermal cutoff. A dusty heatsink is a lousy heatsink.

This was the case. I took it apart and got it clean. It's working great again.

Archived