SaltCritters.com

my acro

cr85r

i bought this acro about 25 days he was a brownish color when i bought him i just wanted to no what type of acro he is and if he'll color up some more

it looks like an acropora outafocus :-) (from what I can tell)

how can you tell it's a boy ?

it's coloring up will depend on a number of things, like what conditions it has been grown under (wild raised or tank raised), acclimation to your lighting, what sort of lighting you have, your water parameters, Alk, Ca, tank stability, what sort of lighting it likes, tank turnover, etc, etc, etc....

wild raised colonies can take longer than colonies raied under artificial light, but it depends on so many things..

do you have other SPS and are they holding color ?

-skeletor-

lol, no worries I was Just kidding.. :-)

anyway, keep him up high in the tank directly under one of the bulbs ( 2 x 40w CSL lights right ?) so he receives maximum light... by the sounds of the algae you have nutrient rich water so he isn't going to starve :-), just make sure his symbiotic algae receives lots of light, give him some gentle current (not direct) and see if he responds by coloring up for you.

Gently blow any detritus off him, don't let poop settle on him or collect around his base, use a turkey baister and be gentle.. as long as he's healthy the hair algae won't give him any trouble

-skeletor-

my acro seems to be coloring up he was brown when i got him now he looks a light greenish color i need to get a new camera because it sucks

Archived