Cultivated Reef

pink streaked wrasse or sixline

Spiderguardnano

wanted to add a wrasse to my tank

its 7.5g tank

which one should i add?

I think 7.5g is a bit small for either but if you decide to do it I have a pink-streaked wrasse and he's one of my favorite fish of all time. He swims all over my 45g tank. He's very peaceful unlike the sixline I had a few years ago :).

I'd go with Sixline, i love how he has the two stripes over his eyes that are moving like a pair of glasses. Mine died while in QT :( so i'll get him again later on.

jedimasterben

I think 7.5g is a bit small for either but if you decide to do it I have a pink-streaked wrasse and he's one of my favorite fish of all time. He swims all over my 45g tank. He's very peaceful unlike the sixline I had a few years ago :).

I agree with all of this.

I feel that the tank is too small as well but if you go down that path the six line will turn out to be a bully in that small of a tank. My suggestion is a possum wrasse! They do great in smaller systems and are much less aggressive!

I regret my six line wrasse :( beautiful fish, neat 'eyeliner' eyes and huge personality- but complete bully. My O. clown that I've had for a year has been too afraid to even eat with the six line around.

Your total volume is probably around 5 gallons with displacement of rock and sand? I would consider a less active fish.

Do you already have fish in the tank?

Spiderguardnano

I have no fish in my tank yet but its been over a month and i want fish in my tank

its a small clown pair forsure or maybe blenny or small wrasse

I have no fish in my tank yet but its been over a month and i want fish in my tank

its a small clown pair forsure or maybe blenny or small wrasse

Id go with a blenny, you can really appreciate their personalities in a tank that small.

I have a sixline in my 10gal hes the only guy in my tank. He would kill anything else I put in there but I love him he is awesome!!

Spiderguardnano

tailspot or sixline is the big decision right now i guess i got to go to the fish store and just stare at each fish till i decide

You will regret a sixline in that tank. It will most likely swim up and down the glass all day. I recommend a pair of very small gobies or a blenny.

You will regret a sixline in that tank. It will most likely swim up and down the glass all day. I recommend a pair of very small gobies or a blenny.

Not only will he swim up and down but he will most likely get aggressive in that size tank. Most people who have them in large tanks would agree that once they are established, they are hard on their tank mates.

Archived