Coral Vue Hydros

StrainedSky's Fusion 30L - Sticks Added

StrainedSky

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what your asking ?

You said in another thread that u got the smaller version of reactor so it sit lower in the second chamber. Also said look at your build thread for more info...

You said in another thread that u got the smaller version of reactor so it sit lower in the second chamber. Also said look at your build thread for more info...

The bracket that comes with the smaller reactors will not fit because the glass is thicker then the opening on the bracket. What I did was took a file and sanded the inside on the bracket. Only took a few minutes and now fits fine. I had three reasons for using the smaller reactors :

1. If you check BRS calculator the amount of GFO and Carbon that recommended for our size tank fits fine in the desktop reactor.

2. Size, they are smaller and also if I remember correctly the length is shorter so it can be dropped down much more to be hidden.

3. The desktop's can be picked up used easier than the mid and much cheaper

If you have any other questions let me know :-)

I like to run gfo and carbon separate. I'll take a pic tomorrow for you of my chambers. All the live stock was donated to a friend so I could reboot the tank with the new live rock. I'm just about finished cycling so cleanup crew will be added in the next week or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is cycled and doing the algae thing :

IMG_0682_zps76b6dbba.jpg

I like to run gfo and carbon separate. I'll take a pic tomorrow for you of my chambers. All the live stock was donated to a friend so I could reboot the tank with the new live rock. I'm just about finished cycling so cleanup crew will be added in the next week or two.

Sorry I took awhile but here ya go :

IMG_0683_zps8341c0b9.jpgIMG_0684_zps3aecc0b7.jpg

Tank is cycled and doing the algae thing :

IMG_0682_zps76b6dbba.jpg

Sorry I took awhile but here ya go :

IMG_0683_zps8341c0b9.jpgIMG_0684_zps3aecc0b7.jpg

Since you running GFO and Carbon in the reactor. What are you running in the caddy beside floss?

Tank looking great! Can't wait to see the outcome :)

Anthony

Since you running GFO and Carbon in the reactor. What are you running in the caddy beside floss?

Tank looking great! Can't wait to see the outcome :)

Anthony

On the left side Im running a fuge. On the right just floss, I would have went with just the floss holder if it was available at the time.

How do you like the Minimax reactor with GFO? Do you like the build quality and do you feel it makes a difference in the tank? I've been debating one to help fight off GHA in my 30L

I really like the mini max, the build quality is great and you don't have to remove the whole reactor to change the media. I only have one complaint. To get the flow right you have to be able to see the main reactor which you can't when its in the back chamber. So what I did was adjusted the flow in the display and marked the top and the reactor with a marker so I know where I want the flow each time I change the GFO. Hope that makes sense, Innovative marine has a good video on youtube how to adjust it. As far as GFO being a benefit I wouldn't run a tank without it. I won't go into why GFO is great as there's millions of threads as far as benefits go.

Thank you for the tip, that makes perfect sense and was actually something I was wondering about when I saw the video lol.

And thanks, I keep hearing such awesome things about GFO. The only negative comment I've come across is the ability for it to leach out into the system if left in last exhaustion, but I think this can be avoided by proper maintenace.

Thank you for the tip, that makes perfect sense and was actually something I was wondering about when I saw the video lol.

And thanks, I keep hearing such awesome things about GFO. The only negative comment I've come across is the ability for it to leach out into the system if left in last exhaustion, but I think this can be avoided by proper maintenace.

Glad I could help out, it's great and I've never had an issue with it leaching but I do keep up with my maintenance.

Tank looking great! :)

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Around a month, it was uncured and fresh off the plane from premium aquatics.

Glad to here seems you had many speed bumps on the way.

Algae is all cleared up and gone, yay! Time to start adding coral I suppose :-)

IMG_0715_zpsead7e807.jpg

Nice, now the fun part! Any ideas what you plan to stock it with?

Also, quick question. I setup my minimax with BRS GFO in a bucket first, and it leached out GFO even with two sponges. Did you have this problem? I don't want GFO in my tank...

Nice, now the fun part! Any ideas what you plan to stock it with?

Also, quick question. I setup my minimax with BRS GFO in a bucket first, and it leached out GFO even with two sponges. Did you have this problem? I don't want GFO in my tank...

i'm shooting for a mixed reef but everytime I try I end up all SPS :)

Are you using the regular or the high capacity ? Did you rinse it ?

I know what you mean. I started out with LPS and zoas and ever since adding my first birdsnest I haven't stopped buying SPS lol.

I used the regular as I was told that the high capacity was smaller. That being said, I didn't rinse it, thanks for the tip. That fix my issue with it spilling out.

Algae is all cleared up and gone, yay! Time to start adding coral I suppose :-)

IMG_0715_zpsead7e807.jpg

Tank looks great. Did you brush that algae away? Or did it just die off on its own?

Tank looks great. Did you brush that algae away? Or did it just die off on its own?

Most died off, added a cleanup crew to clean the rest up. Running GFO I'm sure played a part also.

Checking up on your tank from the Product Test Team. Tank is looking good man, I need to pick up another MP10 for my tank, glad to see you are having the same good luck I am with one Radion over the tank.

I just got my reactor running today. Does yours make a humming noises? Think its from the 2 tubes vibing on each other....

They did when I first got them, I thought though the noise was coming from the pumps. Once they "broke in" about a month later they aren't very loud.

Archived