SaltCritters.com

tin foil reflector

bowfront26

tin foil can leach into the water eventually. white paint is a pretty good choice, or polish your own aluminum from the hardware store.

You can use titanium oxide and some elbow grease to polish. You can also electroplate silver onto a sheet of smooth aluminum and have the best reflective surface available. It would probably only cost you $10 to do that.

Thanks guys. I try to polish some aluminum. I have a glass cover so the tin foil probably would work but just to be safe.

reef hugger

The indoor growing center in my area has some reflective mylar film that is supposed to have like 95% reflectivety. I haven't had the chance to look at this stuff, but my LFS told me about it. It might be worth looking into.

Go to wallmart, or autozone and find some cheap mudflaps with the thin chrome metal sheets, or a cheap cookie sheet, or just a small mirror.

RobinsonFam1

you could use a locker mirror. they are made of plastic and are easily bent like acrylic to the shape you need.

they also make mirrored acrylic too!

Deleted User 8530

Okey. I asked this same Question for my Planted tank and wha they said was Completly Diffrent! What they said was that tin foil Would dissipate the light instead of reflecting it From all the Ripples in it. They Also said that it would be better with no reflecter or even a White one. Well just some1 elses 2 cents :P

Archived