Top Shelf Aquatics

JEBO tanks

pomby27

this is for all the JEBO tank owners, the 8 gal one. what mods did you guys do to it? for the light, i am still in search of something that would/could fit over the top because its only 16 inches, and its hard to work with that.

-chester

2muchreef4u

i totally removed the overhead light/ filter compartment and replaced it with an aqualight 96 watt quad with the adjustable legs. the aqualight canopy is 20" but the actual pc's are around 16", so the light actually fills the whole tank perfectly, gives you around 12 watts per gallon. then added a prizm skimmer as filtration.

i used the 2 lights it came with (2x9 watt) and the overhead filtration and had success but was only able to have some mushrooms & xenias. had to do a 25% weekly water change though using the original equipment it came with.

jebo_2.jpg

hey, if i just wanted to keep some softies, polyps, torch/hammer/fox, how much light would you think i would need to keep them healthy and happy? i had the dr foster special ni mind, the fixture with 2 36 watts. but it has been on back order since the 18th, so i decided to cancle that order. still in search of the lighting i need.

-chester

2muchreef4u

if your planning to put 72 watts, that should be more than enough to keep what you want. however, i'm not sure how you'll fit 2x36 PC's underneath the stock canopy. that is one of the reasons i just got a quad to save on time & effort, not to mention $$. 96 watts is probably the most watts you'll be able to get in there, other than an HQI MH.

well, the legs are slide-able, so i can make it fit, but i am no longer getting that anymore, waited for nearly a month, everyweek they'de change teh backorder date. so now i'm looking for other options other than the 96 quad.

Archived