ReefCleaners.org

Budget Tide : Pre-Order, Specs and Pricing

DaveFason

jedimasterben

So which drivers does this come with? Just curious.

LDD-H like the others.

Wish i could retro one of those new boards into my current Tide. :P

Why couldn't you? They're the same size, etc. :P

jedimasterben

I'm confident i could get the old board out. It's getting the new board in I'm not so confident on. :)

They're just screwed onto the heatsink and should have four solder joints, plus the violets, the new board has violets built-in. :)

jedimasterben

I think mines mounted with thermal adhesive instead of screws

AFAIK Dave has only used drilled/tapped heatsinks.

What a steal! I agree on the name. Even just Nano Box ECO sounds good too. Is there going to be a choice of a few colors or is it only black?

jedimasterben

What a steal! I agree on the name. Even just Nano Box ECO sounds good too. Is there going to be a choice of a few colors or is it only black?

Black or white.

• 2 weeks later...

How long is the arm? I've the CAD 8 and I'm in the process to upgrade the lightning so hopefully I can keep an anemone.

Plz advise

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So I bought the ECO from rocksmom. Is it safe to assume the heatsink and fan can take the increase thermal load if I swap out the LDDs for more powerful ones to make it into a Tide?

Got my light from rocksmom and opened it up and the drivers are actually LDD-L on a Coralux board. Maybe this is an old revision? Anywho just going to put a LDD-500L on my whites and call it a day as I'm not a fan of the blue look. Tank is CAD Mini II 8G but will be an SPS frag tank.

• 2 months later...

Are these still available? There not on the site.

They are. To be honest they never really took off but I can make them.

For nano freak and with the tank combo how much would it be?

Sorry, what are you asking?

Cencalfishguy56

They are. To be honest they never really took off but I can make them.

Sorry, what are you asking?

Sorry that was confusing I tagged it for nano freak, but do you sell the tank with the light as a combo or are you just saying they pair nicely?

I have a 6" wide tank, will this bracket on there push it over the middle? Also is it 13" tall. Thanks!

Nope, I can make one JUST for you :)

Archived