Cultivated Reef

name that coral....take two

sjwalton

yes yes i know, flame away, it is deserved.....go ahead...yea yea i know all about rocks and glass housed....go ahead....Dave I expect some meaness from ya here buddy dont let me down

wulffenstein

The first and last pic appear to be finger leather. The red one is a chili coral (a.k.a. cactus). I would do some research. It's not photo-synthetic and needs to be feed. Only done a little reading on them. Check the RC boards for more info. The last one is some type of SPS but the pic is to fuzzy to tell what.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the ID wolf.

Tank is a 30G with a fluval 304 canister filter and two powersweep powerheads for water movement. Dunno how much LR and LS. 2x55 watt PC from one blue actinic and one 10k.

The guy that gave me the tank couldnt remember how much LR and LS he put in it. Its just been sitting around in the backroom of his house for two years, all he ever did was add topoff water. He never ever fed the tank for the last two years. When i broke it down there was green hair algae everywhere, so thick you couldnt see rock or coral, i dunno how things were surviving. He was running an overflow box to a sump with two returns in each corner for circulation. I replaced it with the fluval to filter some of the algae out. I am gonna set the sump back up as a refugium soon as i get enough money for lights and such.

You should get some type of back wallpaper for your tank, cover up some of those tubes and pipeing... it'll make your tank look that much better. :happy:

Still, a black or dk. blue background looks much better than white textured wallboard. It'll really bring out the colors in your tank. "Ford Classic Black" engine paint - $2.99 @ Pep Boys.

1. Toadstool leather

2. Finger leather

3. Chili coral or sponge

4. Branching gorgonian

5. long tenticled anemone

At least as far as I can tell from the pics :)

Toy

i agree with TOY on the first 4 things..i am also 100% sure that the 3rd one is a chili coral..but the 5th one is an anemone????? it looks like another finger leather to me..if that is an anemone..that is the ugliest one i have seen..hahaha

I kinda asumed since the clown appeared to be hosting but could just be kizmet.

On closer inspection without color at the tips you are prolly right Finger leather.

Toy

Archived