ReefCleaners.org

Possible Problem with my Reef...

Braden8558

Hello everyone,

I have had a 29 gallon biocube tank set up since late December or early January. So it is about 6-7 months old give or take. Yesterday I looked and saw that my pink birdsnest with purple polyps was completely bleached white and looked dead. Today it looks the same and looks like it will not come back. My other regular birdsnest also is bleaching now and is almost entirely bleached (only the tips remain). Does anyone know my problem? The other SPS seems alright. I have pociliopora and montipora and various types of acropora. It also looks like some of my xenia died to. I assume you guys will want paramaters which I haven't measured yet because I have finals and homework to do and have to take down a fish tank too! I will probably take those later today or tonight. I think a water change is my best bet, but I need to go out and buy more distilled water so it might be a day or two. My last water change was on 6/1/14 so I am due for another one. My tank had fine parameters then though so I am not sure what it is. I will try to upload some parameters later but do any of you know what the problem might be? This is the first time I have encountered this.

Thanks for all the help,

Braden!

Archived