Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

mean well se 350 48 power supply

bluemeanie23

bluemeanie23

Hi guys do I have to use this power supply or can I snags a cheap ass one from eBay also how many channels can the mean well support if for example 4 does that mean I will need 4 ldd 700-1000 drivers?

jedimasterben

Power supplies don't have channels, the power all comes from the same place. You can use any power supply, but be warned there are many cheap Meanwell clones out there that aren't worth a damn. I continue to recommend the Meanwell HLG series. You get what you pay for.

SpencerShepard

That's outside of my area of expertise, but there are many helpful and knowledgeable people in the Lighting forum.

jedimasterben

LOL earlier I thought he meant channels on the power supply, after rereading it he probably means channels on the Bluefish.

As for your power supply, you can connect an infinite number of LDD to it as long as the wattage of your LEDs do not exceed the wattage rating of the power supply.

For the LDD connecting to the dimming channels of the Bluefish, you can connect up to 336x per channel.

Don't buy mean well power supplies off eBay.

They are counterfeit. And not water proof.

Get the HLG real MeanWell, its waterproof and not a fire hazard or electrical hazard.

Archived