Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dans Lagoon IM Fusion 30L build!

danschargers21

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmatty5dimes

i would upload to photobucket then copy the IMG code. after signing up the red box to your right is what you want to copy then paste it here. should look like this. i hope this helps

ef873fba.jpg

Is that an mp-10 or larger? Looks like you're getting pretty solid flow to the other end of the tank. Which setting and flow rate are you keeping this at?

danschargers21

Is that an mp-10 or larger? Looks like you're getting pretty solid flow to the other end of the tank. Which setting and flow rate are you keeping this at?

Yes it is an mp 10. I use reef crest at about 30% and its more then enough for what I have.

• 2 weeks later...
danschargers21

I just got the Cadlights pls-50 elite in the mail today. 90% decrease in micro bubbles from the old cadlights pls 50 and the IM ghost skimmer. Its been running about an hour. I will try to get a pick up when its broken in... site says only 24 hour break in period so we shall see!

Man, I'm sorry you guys have been having problems with micro bubbles in the Ghost Skimmer. I guess maybe I should get a video together of how I have it set up and post it on youtube for internet points.

Anyways, aside from all that, excited to see the PLS-50 Elite and the video of your tank, it's looking great man!

• 3 weeks later...
danschargers21

Here is a pic of the new skimmer with 3 days of skim in it... took about 2 weeks to get it dialed in to the right spot, but once I did, it pulls out some wicked nasty black stuff!

post-84900-0-92332400-1408117355_thumb.jpg

The pic of your Fusion makes it seem like a 6ft tank. I really like your start and will be following along. I will be receiving my Fusion 30 hopefully today or this weekend. Will be nice to have another member with the same aquarium on the forum. Looking forward to updates.

danschargers21

The pic of your Fusion makes it seem like a 6ft tank. I really like your start and will be following along. I will be receiving my Fusion 30 hopefully today or this weekend. Will be nice to have another member with the same aquarium on the forum. Looking forward to updates.

Thanks man! You will love it the tank!

You want to sell the ghost ? Tank looks great!

I already sold it :(

Hi Dan- Can you comment more on your new skimmer? I watched your vids on YouTube and I know you said the ghost was crap...that sucks because, the small footprint and how it fits with the tank is perfect. I have read that the impeller shaft gets loose, hence the noise...Sucks about the micro bubbles too....That elite has good reviews and from your pic...it sucks serious crap from the tank....I just don't like the look of it, as I think it detracts from the streamline look of the tank...Anyway, keep the pics coming!

danschargers21

Hi Dan- Can you comment more on your new skimmer? I watched your vids on YouTube and I know you said the ghost was crap...that sucks because, the small footprint and how it fits with the tank is perfect. I have read that the impeller shaft gets loose, hence the noise...Sucks about the micro bubbles too....That elite has good reviews and from your pic...it sucks serious crap from the tank....I just don't like the look of it, as I think it detracts from the streamline look of the tank...Anyway, keep the pics coming!

Hey and thanks. It is true, it does take away from the streamline look. But, so does the reactor. Now that the skimmer can sit in 7" of water, you can only see the collection cup. So while you can see the cup, the skim it produces is worth it IMO. Plus, this thing is silent, Its really just the best nano skimmer on the market I believe right now.

• 3 weeks later...
danschargers21

Ive been waiting to make a video until I got my new xr 15s. I have had the lights for weeks but today they finally shipped the ecotech mounts... video will come out when I get them all working and what I want. Marinedepot.com had me waiting for weeks for those mounts!

I agree the reactor sticking out, just doesn't look right.

They say to use the 7302 MiniMax reactor in the 30L. It's the same one they designed for the Micro 30/38 which came out quite a bit before the 30L. The 30/38's are 19” high, so the reactor's height of 15.75” fits perfectly. On the other hand, the 30L's tank height is only 13”. Using this reactor in the 30L causes it to stick out nearly 5”.

This might be nit-picking, but I think we choose our tanks for their beauty. The 30L is absolutely beautiful, and the reactor looks, at least to me, out-of-place.

I will definitely replace my Nuvo 16 with a 30L within a month or two. I'll purchase another 7301 reactor (the one used for the 16/20 gal) and use it with bio-media, and another for GFO etc. The height of 11.41” would fit the 30L perfectly, and not look so out-of-place, and probably more functional too.

I plan to use the Tunze Comline 9001 Protein Skimmer in the middle chamber, and a Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 as well (check mediabaskers for items to use with the 30L and the video using the Tunze skimmer). As for lights, I'm not sure. There are so many options. I like the look of my Nuvo 16 with the 2 sets of lights, and considering using 2 Radion XR-15W Pro led's with the RMS tank mounts or perhaps just 1 XR-30W. I'll continue to use the MP10 from my Nuvo 16.

Once I setup my tank, no doubt, refinements will be made (media baskets, screen top etc).

Best of luck!

I agree the reactor sticking out, just doesn't look right.

They say to use the 7302 MiniMax reactor in the 30L. It's the same one they designed for the Micro 30/38 which came out quite a bit before the 30L. The 30/38's are 19 high, so the reactor's height of 15.75 fits perfectly. On the other hand, the 30L's tank height is only 13. Using this reactor in the 30L causes it to stick out nearly 5.

This might be nit-picking, but I think we choose our tanks for their beauty. The 30L is absolutely beautiful, and the reactor looks, at least to me, out-of-p

I will definitely replace my Nuvo 16 with a 30L within a month or two. I'll purchase another 7301 reactor (the one used for the 16/20 gal) and use it with bio-media, and another for GFO etc. The height of 11.41 would fit the 30L perfectly, and not look so out-of-place, and probably more functional too.

I plan to use the Tunze Comline 9001 Protein Skimmer in the middle chamber, and a Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 as well (check mediabaskers for http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Fusion-30L_c97.htm]items[/url] to use with the 30L and the http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Tunze-DOC-9001-Nano-Protein-Skimmer-9001.htm]video[/url] using the Tunze skimmer). As for lights, I'm not sure. There are so many options. I like the look of my Nuvo 16 with the 2 sets of lights, and considering using 2 Radion XR-15W Pro led's with the RMS tank mounts or perhaps just 1 XR-30W. I'll continue to use the MP10 from my Nuvo 16.

Once I setup my tank, no doubt, refinements will be made (media baskets, screen top etc).

Best of luck!

I went with two 7301's for the same reason plus they hold more than enough GFO and carbon without sticking out. You do however have to trim the bracket that attaches them to the glass as the 30l's glass is to thick. If you'd like to see how they look check out my build thread.

Thanks for the info regarding the bracket fit!!! I'm not as handy trimming brackets, so I'm going to order two #730206 MiniMax MidSize Mounting Brackets instead. The opening is just .4" more, so I think the plasic adjustment screws will work to tighten the unit into place. Checking out your build thread next!

• 1 month later...

I read a post on one of Dan's you tube vids....I think he got attacked and bit by upgrade-itis, because he posted that he moved up to a 100+ gallon tank so his 30L was short lived (LOL)

danschargers21

Haha its true I did upgrade to the 100 gallon and sold my 30. I have been considering getting the 20 though as a side tank.... we shall see :)

Hey, did you get the xr 15's? Was there something wrong with the Buildmyled lights? I'm trying to make a decision on lighting for my IM 30I.

Nothing was wrong with the buildmyled.com lights, it was great and simple and did the job. I upgraded because I just wanted more control. The buildmyledlight was one channel and that was it, no control besides a dim up or down. If your looking for affordable and simple it was great. They do not produce any shimmer though and I enjoy some shimmer.

Archived