Innovative Marine Aquariums

Keep the Tank Cool This Summer

inTank

I'm interested in seeing if anyone has somehow made a bracket or some other type of contraption so an ice probe chiller can be placed in a top down position in the top of a BioCube rear chamber. Drilling into the tank is not an option for me. If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know.

jedimasterben

I'm interested in seeing if anyone has somehow made a bracket or some other type of contraption so an ice probe chiller can be placed in a top down position in the top of a BioCube rear chamber. Drilling into the tank is not an option for me. If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know.

Most biocubes are much too large for it to be effective. The 8g Biocube would be the only realistic option.

Most biocubes are much too large for it to be effective. The 8g Biocube would be the only realistic option.

Thanks for the info. Do you have any recommendations on a chiller for one of these?

jedimasterben

Thanks for the info. Do you have any recommendations on a chiller for one of these?

You're gonna have to mod it for any type.

I used a ice probe that was attached to the bottom of a HOB canister filter for my BC14, dropped temps 2-3 degrees while using the nano-tuners PC upgrade.

Check the link in my sig.

Depending on the size of Biocube you have this is what the manufacture states. Remember you do not have any where near the gallons of water your tank sells at, especially with equipment and rock.

Pulldown_Iceprobe.jpg

Depending on the size of Biocube you have this is what the manufacture states. Remember you do not have any where near the gallons of water your tank sells at, especially with equipment and rock.

Pulldown_Iceprobe.jpg

Right, 3-4 degrees drop would work perfect for me. Still doing some research on this though.

• 2 months later...
Guest SlowNnice

First, I am a big fan of your lighting post and am considering Steve's LED 16,000 or 14,000 Using your recommendations . I wish I could chat with you about that purchase. Thanks for the sharing. I have a Novatec Ice Probe chiller on my BC14 since Late June. Before I got it I had Temps of 81 to 82 degrees with my Stock hood. I now maintain 73.4 degrees all day up to moonlight time with no more than .3 +/- . I had to adjust my thermostat upwards several times. It was actually getting too cold and When I had the stock Moon LEDS at night, I would wake up to temps of 69 to 70. I generally keep my 5th wheel (yes, I live in a Luxury Suites camper) thermostat at around 71 degrees. The Ice Probe in a side mount tank on the front and mounts fine with the feeder door open. I was very skeptical before the Novatec purchase. For me, it simply works, what can I say?

post-84859-0-38112800-1409521069_thumb.jpg

Archived