Innovative Marine Aquariums

{ RoT_Reef: {[ PicO_20G, NanoBox_Duo, KZ ]}} // New pics 12-16-2015

defender.TX

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
defender.TX

what are you feeding your clowns?

New Life Spectrum pellets, occasional frozen mysis, and occasional reef chili. I've been really happy with their coloration.

Spiderguardnano

New Life Spectrum pellets, occasional frozen mysis, and occasional reef chili. I've been really happy with their coloration.

ok awesome i have some new life spectrum laying around from my cichlid days the .5 pellets

defender.TX

New pics after I rearranged things and added the Stylophora:

14469134068_ddb0672474_b.jpg

14469074530_c523f1a733_b.jpg

14632780046_be466e938c_b.jpg

14652512931_373f5c98fe_b.jpg

Wow, I love this tank and light combo. Everything looks amazing. I need to order my CADLights PLS-50 Elite pretty soon, the Innovative Marine skimmer just doesn't work in this tank due to the water level.

Also my Tunze Nano Osmolator malfunctioned yesterday and dumped a ton of RO in the tank. Luckily there wasn't much left in the jug so my salinity was fine at 1.024, but I'm pretty pissed. I guess I'll need to clean the float with some vinegar and see if it's working or if I need to replace it.

New pics after I rearranged things and added the Stylophora:

14469134068_ddb0672474_b.jpg

14469074530_c523f1a733_b.jpg

14632780046_be466e938c_b.jpg

14652512931_373f5c98fe_b.jpg

Wow, I love this tank and light combo. Everything looks amazing. I need to order my CADLights PLS-50 Elite pretty soon, the Innovative Marine skimmer just doesn't work in this tank due to the water level.

Also my Tunze Nano Osmolator malfunctioned yesterday and dumped a ton of RO in the tank. Luckily there wasn't much left in the jug so my salinity was fine at 1.024, but I'm pretty pissed. I guess I'll need to clean the float with some vinegar and see if it's working or if I need to replace it.

Bummer about the Tunze. What was the nature of your malfunction? Mine has malfunctioned twice over the past year. Both times seemed to be completely random - just began filling as it normally would, but wouldn't stop, forcing me to unplug it. Luckily, I was near the tank both times and noticed, otherwise, I'd water on my floor. Once plugged back in, it began functioning normally again. Weird and scary.

defender.TX

Bummer about the Tunze. What was the nature of your malfunction? Mine has malfunctioned twice over the past year. Both times seemed to be completely random - just began filling as it normally would, but wouldn't stop, forcing me to unplug it. Luckily, I was near the tank both times and noticed, otherwise, I'd water on my floor. Once plugged back in, it began functioning normally again. Weird and scary.

This is exactly what happened. It just never shut off and filled the tank till the float switch was about an inch under water. Luckily the tank didn't overflow because my RO reservoir happened to be low at the time, but it was still trying to fill even when I caught it - the timeout had kicked in and it was doing those "spurts". Really sucks and has made me lose all faith in the system.

Amazing tank, I love the rockscape. I will definitely be following along.

Thanks! I like the way it turned out too. I plan to have some nice branching SPS that come off the top of the arch, the Stylophore was just the start. To the right of the Stylophora I hope to get a nice Acropora piece (maybe Purple Plasma?) and then on the far edge of the arch (next to the MP10) I want to place a nice Monti cap.

Spiderguardnano

I've been in the market for an ato and I was sold on the 3155 but after hearing all these crazy things happening , it leaves me completely lost on which one I should buy now

I've been in the market for an ato and I was sold on the 3155 but after hearing all these crazy things happening , it leaves me completely lost on which one I should buy now

I have the 3155 and it has been working for 2 years now with no fails. I think the one that they are talking about is the nano version that is 3152 not the 3155. The 3155 uses a different sensor and has a backup float switch, the nano does not have a backup float switch and relies on the controller. They don't have too much in common other than the pump and brackets.

defender.TX

I have the 3155 and it has been working for 2 years now with no fails. I think the one that they are talking about is the nano version that is 3152 not the 3155. The 3155 uses a different sensor and has a backup float switch, the nano does not have a backup float switch and relies on the controller. They don't have too much in common other than the pump and brackets.

This is true.

Spiderguardnano

great thank you for clearing that up

thats the main reason i decided to spend the extra mulaaaaaa

defender.TX

I could stare at this tank all day long. The NanoBox + PicO combo is killer. It was worth every single penny.

I could stare at this tank all day long. The NanoBox + PicO combo is killer. It was worth every single penny.

+1. And the Duo is twice the awesomeness. I have the Duo and the Tide and the Duo just looks 10x better. I dont know why....haha

Glad to hear that the 3155 seems to be better off, looks like the 3155 has a better switch or doesn't fail so I guess I'll be going with that one!

defender.TX

Glad to hear that the 3155 seems to be better off, looks like the 3155 has a better switch or doesn't fail so I guess I'll be going with that one!

The 3155 has a primary optical sensor and a secondary float switch. The redundancy helps prevent failures like I experienced.

I was having problems with my Nano Osmolator, which I funny enough fixed by sliding a piece of thick cardboard between the magnet and the glass, enough so that it would more or less just hold the float switch in place, and after that the float switch has worked perfectly.

Its as if there is a magnetic field generated that acts on the float switch, causing it to easily get stuck.

defender.TX

I was having problems with my Nano Osmolator, which I funny enough fixed by sliding a piece of thick cardboard between the magnet and the glass, enough so that it would more or less just hold the float switch in place, and after that the float switch has worked perfectly.

Its as if there is a magnetic field generated that acts on the float switch, causing it to easily get stuck.

I'm going to try this when I get home because my wife texted me today at work saying that the tank was filling up too much. She unplugged the Tunze before it overflowed but it really pisses me off. I took the float switch out this morning and cleaned it, so that's not the issue. it must be the magnetic fields interfering. I'm going to try and slip the spacer that game with my MP10 between the outer magnet and the aquarium and see if that helps. If not I'll have to buy a new ATO.

defender.TX

I've now entered this tank in the Reef2Reef.com Nano in 90 build competition. Grand Prize is a Red Sea Max C-130. Wish me luck!

Archived