Pod Your Reef

Hiding a heater in an AC110 effective?

hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

Hey everybody,

I was looking to have a sumpless set up and use the AC110 as a way to hide some of the equipment. I was wondering if putting the heater in there would be enough to keep the tank at a constant temp? I plan on putting in the AC70 impeller to reduce the flow some but I just want to check that it will turn the tank over enough to keep it at a constant temp. The plan is to use a 75w heater which will be completely sumberged and hidden in the HOB filter.

Cheers

Hey everybody,

I was looking to have a sumpless set up and use the AC110 as a way to hide some of the equipment. I was wondering if putting the heater in there would be enough to keep the tank at a constant temp? I plan on putting in the AC70 impeller to reduce the flow some but I just want to check that it will turn the tank over enough to keep it at a constant temp. The plan is to use a 75w heater which will be completely sumberged and hidden in the HOB filter.

Cheers

Go to InTank's website, go to AC70 and take a look @ their basket youtube video, also on that page is a heater that fits into the 70.

Archived