SaltCritters.com

Would this work for my 10 gallon?

holyherbiness

holyherbiness

lg_16885_24698P_04.jpg

These are drsfostersmith's own brand PC lights, and they are found at an unbeatable price. I recall several threads which have discussed this same light.

I was thinking of getting a 20" double 36 watt fixture, and replacing one of the 36 watters(6500k) with a 36 watt 50/50 bulb from ahsupply.com, at about 64 dollars total cost.

I am only going to keep some soft corals, zoos, polyps. Nothing big.

Anyone see any flaws with this plan?

fade2black

6500k are fine for salt. I would replace one with an actinic though. Natural sunlight has a color temp of about 6900k.

holyherbiness

Would it be beneficial to replace one with a 50/50 actinic/10000k or replace one with just a plain actinic blue?

by the way, thanks for the help fade . Real helpful :)

fade2black

Is one lamp on one side of the tank, and the other lamp on the other side? So if you replaced one bulb it would look blue on one side and white on the other? If that is the case, I would replace both bulbs with 50/50's. Otherwise, just replacing one with actinic would be fine. Any of those bulbs are fine for reef tanks, the final color hue is really personal preference. Some people like the really blue color, while other like the crisp white color.

holyherbiness

theyre evenly distributed.

I like more white looking things, so I will probably just get a 5050 on one of the lights

they have been on backorder on dr.fosters site for quite a while, i placed an order on 6-17, and they are still on backorder until now, my tank has since gone through a full cycle. i am wanting to get it from another source because it is taking a long time

-chester

I just got the 20" 1-36watt pc fixture I ordered today. The bulb that came with my fixture looks more like a 10k than a 6,700 though. Now back to some Bang Bros. action.....

is that good or bad..." The bulb that came with my fixture looks more like a 10k than a 6,700 though. Now back to some Bang Bros. action....."...?

Also noticed their double-fixtures are all on backorder. I keep seeing their backorder dates being pushed back, from 7/9, now 7/13. I ordered the 12" double-fixture today, via phone, and the lady said they expect a new shipment in 3 business days. We'll see.....

ugh...ya, like i said, ordered the 20 inch double fixture on 6-17, they kept pushing the date back, wrote to them, same reply, just different date. i'm gonna try again...72 watt for 38 bux? good deal id say

holyherbiness

I'm a patient fellow. They can take all the time they need (JUST KIDDING HURRY UP AND GET THOSE FIXTURES !!!!) heh.

Archived