Coral Vue Hydros

coral packages?

johnrags1234

johnrags1234

I found what looks like good deal on tropicorium its any nine corals from there packages for $99 heres my list.

blastomussa meriatti

candy cane caulastrea

green star polyps

giant xenia

fan leather

yellow polyps

ricordia

cauliflower sinularia brassica

red mushroom.

So my main Q is will all these corals even fit in a 2.5? and if i did buy them would this be adding too many animals at once? thanks alot btw im gonna research these species individually too see if thed all be able to live together. And hve you guys had good expirience with tropicorium thanks

I don't have experience with ALL these but, first, it would definitely depend on the size of the frags you get. Perhaps a small frag of each of those would fit in a 2.5. I'd worry about adding them all at once due to the strain it would place on your system. I know those packages look great but particularly for a nano, adding only a little at a time seems like the best approach.

Second, xenia, green star, ricordia, mushroom and yellow polyps are all corals I've had in the past in bigger tanks and they can pretty easily spread like mad. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get them at all. Just be aware that you may have to trim or otherwise manage their growth. I have also had blasoumussa merleti & candy canes and I wouldn't be AS worried about them taking over your tank.

Third, cauliflower corals are notoriously difficult to keep. I had trouble specifically finding "sinularia brassica" just now, but in general I'd rethink that item on your list if it is indeed a true cauliflower.

Best of luck to you!

C

Archived