ReefCleaners.org

NuEoK IM Fusion 30L Build

NuEoK

I guess I will just keep my skimmer going for a bit longer and see... I am starting to get very very little skim... Only one fish currently. I am starting to hear the rattling that everyone has noticed.. although it does not bother me. I considered replacing the return pump with a mag 3... I feel I get more flow then I want or need from my return pump.. plus it comes with a foam cover inlet that might get rid of some of the bubbles from the skimmer... I wish they sold a dc pump that was only around 400 max gph :(

Try lowering the cup down a bit. Thats how I have mine set right now. It does pull about half cut each week, but the skim is very light in color. I can set the cup higher, but that would mean I have to let more air in... more air = more noise for this skimmer. For the first 2 weeks I would just let the thing run, as the setting will change after its broke in.

awesome build. love the aquascape. how do you like the im custom caddy?

Thanks!

Custom caddy is 100000x better then the stock one. Also it helps channel the water through the media better although bit over kill for me right now since I recently purchased a reactor. The stock caddy is pretty much junk, it would sometime move and the water wouldn't flow through it. Also sponge media inside it is expensive and ineffective. I used the stock media just for cycling the tank. After the cycle was finished I swapped it for the custom caddy.

Also I can tell you that custom caddy 24 will also fit the tank, although not ideal since it does leave a lot of room.

One negative thing I will point out, the acrylic warpped on mine. The sides bulge out so putting in the sliding door sometimes be a challenge. Its mainly because there is no support in the middle of the caddy. Every divider is removable.

• 8 months later...

Its been a while since I posted, so I thought I make a quick update.

Made a lot of changes in equipment. For starters, I am no longer using the AI Hyrda. I am now using the Ecotech Marine Radion xr30w Pro.

Went from AI Hydra to AI Hydra 52 to Radion xr30w Pro. So far loving the new lights.

nueok%20yellow%20clown%20goby_zpslugxlf6

nueok%20Fusion%2030%201_zpsh5jeagca.jpg

post-83256-0-84275700-1428540534_thumb.jpg

Looking good. FTS when you have the time please!

I just recently moved and had to redo all the scapping over... Tanks looking pretty bad now lol. My sig is pretty outdated so let me see if I can find a picture of more recent shot, and after rescapping. Moving seriously suck!

Not sure if I will be redoing the scape, as I may move on to a bigger tank this weekend.

• 1 month later...

Any updates? Seriously considering upgrading to this tank this summer. I've found lots of build threads online but none that seem to last for more than a year making it hard to gage long term success.

• 4 weeks later...

How did you mount the XR 30? Really looking hard into this tank and the same light. Hard to pay double for the light over the tank :rolleyes:

Nice set up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just bought this tank also, I got a xr15 pro. Lfs seemed to think it will work fine as long as I keep low light stuff in the outer 6" on both ends. Anyone have an opinion on that before I get where I can't return it and swap it for a xr30 ?

• 1 month later...

Archived