inTank Media Baskets

Advice for JBJ RL 30

NanoBiscuit

NanoBiscuit

I have a new JBJ 30 gallon Rimless that should be arriving this week and I was wondering what configuration of your media baskets you would recommend. I was thinking of going with one of the filter floss holders and one media basket. This way I can run my filter floss, purigen, and CPE in the media basket and then under the filter floss in the other holder I can stuff some chaeto. What do you think? Thanks for the help.

I have a new JBJ 30 gallon Rimless that should be arriving this week and I was wondering what configuration of your media baskets you would recommend. I was thinking of going with one of the filter floss holders and one media basket. This way I can run my filter floss, purigen, and CPE in the media basket and then under the filter floss in the other holder I can stuff some chaeto. What do you think? Thanks for the help.

:welcome:

That configuration would be the most value. If you wanted chaeto I still would recommend using two media baskets. One for the media like you have above. The other to hold floss on top, then remove the shelf and use it to hold the chaeto. This way it stays in place and won't get sucked through the rest of the chambers and into the pump.

Archived